Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Conversion in Cork

Options
  • 06-12-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I’m looking for a recommendation to get an attic conversion. If you know someone or got it done I would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Just a note. Try and get a good carpenter or two to actualy do the attic itself and get somebody that specifically does stairs to do them. My dads a carpenter and did our attic himself..but even being a fairly good carpenter by his own standards he felt safer gettting in someone who made stairs full-time as they can be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

I’m looking for a recommendation to get an attic conversion. If you know someone or got it done I would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks

I got mine done by people I knew, but tbh if I was to do it again, I'd get it done by someone who does attic conversions all the time, and make sure you know what you want before they start. The 2nd fix carpenter I had was excellent but he was doing it to what I wanted (and I wasn't sure what I wanted !!!). Someone who does those regularly will know more about what will work and what won't.

As well, the Cork Design Warehouse (down by the Odlums place on the quays) did a fantastic job on designing a custom stairs for us.
    Address: 5 Victoria Road, Cork
    Phone: 021 4318066

There was a friend who got her attic done and it looks VERY professional in comparison to mine. The guy who did her attic was doing most of the conversions in her park so I'll get his number tomorrrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Mumha wrote: »
    I got mine done by people I knew, but tbh if I was to do it again, I'd get it done by someone who does attic conversions all the time, and make sure you know what you want before they start. The 2nd fix carpenter I had was excellent but he was doing it to what I wanted (and I wasn't sure what I wanted !!!). Someone who does those regularly will know more about what will work and what won't.

As well, the Cork Design Warehouse (down by the Odlums place on the quays) did a fantastic job on designing a custom stairs for us.
    Address: 5 Victoria Road, Cork
    Phone: 021 4318066

There was a friend who got her attic done and it looks VERY professional in comparison to mine. The guy who did her attic was doing most of the conversions in her park so I'll get his number tomorrrow.

Great thanks :)

I'd agree it makes alot of sense to get someone who does conversions all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Where abouts in the City are you living?

Anyway, I know a guy who has done many an attic conversion in all sorts of houses and also custom builds wodden stairs for 1st floor and attic conversions.
    PM me if you would like his contact details, I won't post them here for security reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I've had mine done last year, it was a pretty big job (circa 500sq ft) so PM me if you want my tuppence worth..I can perhaps give you a name of someone to avoid or at least be wary of ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

A work colleague got her attic converted recently by the below and she was more than impressed.

Mak Attics
    Carrigaline Co. Cork
    (087)2381191

Advertisement