Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows everyone set for the next 2 weeks?

Options
  • 06-12-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

I've gotten by on cramming during study week for the past three years, but this year it just doesn't seem to be enough.

The fact that there are only two this semester is nice, but i'm not looking forward to PHAR40070 tomorrow, in fact i'm really starting to panic:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

p-nut wrote: »
    I've gotten by on cramming during study week for the past three years, but this year it just doesn't seem to be enough.

The fact that there are only two this semester is nice, but i'm not looking forward to PHAR40070 tomorrow, in fact i'm really starting to panic:(

I know what you mean. Just focus on past exam papers rather than cram. Pick out a few questions and develop an answer for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

qwert2 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. Just focus on past exam papers rather than cram. Pick out a few questions and develop an answer for them

And when said question doesn't come up, then PANIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

I feel pretty fine. Only worried about my first exam. Hopefully I can scrape a pass in it.(also the fact that its a 100% final exam sucks :() But anyway have 3 of my exams basically passed with 30% or more obtained already in them. So I am happy about that. Then the other two exams I feel comfortable that I can do well in.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

JBUCD wrote: »
    I feel pretty fine. Only worried about my first exam. Hopefully I can scrape a pass in it.(also the fact that its a 100% final exam sucks :() But anyway have 3 of my exams basically passed with 30% or more obtained already in them. So I am happy about that. Then the other two exams I feel comfortable that I can do well in.

so does that mean you only need 10% from the final exam to pass? or do you have to get 40% in the final exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

Yes I only need 10% in the final exam for them. Just takes a bit off pressure off me. Anyway I'm going to make sure I do well in the exam also so my gpa is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Not a clue really- could be set, could be blissfully ignorant.

Oh well, an exam is an exam. Life goes on.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Today should be ok, Cities in a Global Context, know the topics, and pretty much the questions coming up.

Tomorrow, Sociology of Education...questions are quite tricky, but will hopefully get through it. Same as Theory 3 for sociology.

All in all, should be ok, get by in the nick of time, although nothing spectacular.

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Finance. Oh dear. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Six exams in ten days, all of them counting 70-100% of the course assessment. That is all.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Hopefully I'll wing it, lol :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

with my first exam in 3 and a half hours, one word comes to mind to describe my situation....it startes with f and ends in ecked:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Today - went well
    Tomorrow - will be awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

You don't have to guess how i'm set for my exam at 9 tomorrow by posting this message at 435.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Grand. Got most pressies sorted. Just need to get a nice new coat really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

the-simpsons--homer-scream.jpgThis is how I'm fixed.

Well, that exam didn't go too well, reckon i'd be happy with a pass at this stage:(

Only one more to go now, PHAR 40050 on saturday, and i havnt even looked at that yet:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

1245295881-792533-343x268-1245295829fuuuuu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Why did I put off the trout report for so long? :eek:

Not only is it late, but it's impinging on my study time :(

Fad wrote: »
    Why did I put off the trout report for so long? :eek:

Not only is it late, but it's impinging on my study time :(

Trout report?

1st year biology?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Trout report?

1st year biology?

Yep.

and yep.

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    Yep.

and yep.

Ah the memories, mine was the first year they done that trout project

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Millennium Development Goals down, 4 to go.
    Nice subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Economics & Society down, 4 to go ;)

Wasn't too bad at all. Waffle waffle waffle waffle recession waffle boom waffle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Ideas in Geography finished with!

I'm not looking forward to International Trade Economics tomorrow. 5 to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Political theory tomorrow. I'm so screwed.

I've been looking at past exam questions all day and can't come up with any sort of structured answer. My only hope is to waffle my way through it and hope I show enough understanding of the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I've been looking at past exam questions all day and can't come up with any sort of structured answer. My only hope is to waffle my way through it and hope I show enough understanding of the issues.

Same. Its the exam I'm dreading most.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

My first exam's at 9 tomorrow.Company Law.I'm fairly set for it, but still,EEEEK!

I'm really worried I'm gonna sleep in..

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Same here :lol: My knowldge of all 3 guys is virtually non existant.

Its my first exam too, what a bad one to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Had my first one on Monday evening, pretty much half alright, and half crap. Feeling a bit screwed for the exams I have on Friday and Saturday though :eek::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

How did the assignments go? If I remember correctly, 40% is done before sitting the exam?

Advertisement