Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows everyone set for the next 2 weeks?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Its 70/30 breakdown.

Political theory tomorrow. I'm so screwed.

I've been looking at past exam questions all day and can't come up with any sort of structured answer. My only hope is to waffle my way through it and hope I show enough understanding of the issues.

Just learn what each 3 felt on democracy and go from there I'd say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_in_Marxism
    http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/mill/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stuart_Mill
    http://www.stoa.org/projects/demos/article_aristotle_democracy?page=1&greekEncoding=

Few articles on anthenian democracy on blackboard which might help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

How did the assignments go? If I remember correctly, 40% is done before sitting the exam?
    I (very) stupidly missed one of them, but did well on the essay. I think I need something like 37 percent in the exam to pass the module.

I'm really worried about this one since it's a core module. I may be alright, it depends how much I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I will be relying on memory from lectures to do well in Political Theory lol. I'll see how that works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Kournikova wrote: »
    I will be relying on memory from lectures to do well in Political Theory lol. I'll see how that works out.

Hey how did you get on? Was easier than I thought..can't believe it. That said, one of my answers was quite waffle-y.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Hey how did you get on? Was easier than I thought..can't believe it. That said, one of my answers was quite waffle-y.

Haha I'm exactly the same as that. One fairly good answer, and one wafflefest. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I didn't like it at all.

What I wrote amounted to an 8 page memory dump. I don't think I really engaged with the questions at all. They were kinda of tricky. Half of what I wrote probably wasn't even relevant. Feck it, at least it's over. Hopefully I scrapped a pass. Don't fancy having to repeat it.

1 down, 4 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Anyone else doing the politics of terrorism on Saturday? It should be handy enough... hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

1a question on the main objective of democracy saved me. All the other question I had no clue on so had to bull**** the second one like most other people. Still gonna stuggle for a pass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

1a question on the main objective of democracy saved me. All the other question I had no clue on so had to bull**** the second one like most other people. Still gonna stuggle for a pass though.
    Will your assignments, attendance etc help you? Exam was only 70%. I don't think I'd be overly confident if the exam had been 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Mine were 2 wafflefests, well one I was more confident in. :D But still not amazing.

I have economics 2morro, I really shouldn't be on here and Facebook now. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Varyn

Have my first exam tomorrow...Biological Psych. Have literally procrastinated the last two days away :( Whyyyyy doI always do this!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

Test today went great. Group Theory I found hard yesterday. I hate 100% final exams. Hopefully I got a pass or that I can get compensated. I dont want to have to that again because I found it hard and I wouldnt be confident in a resit. Hopefully I get compensated since its an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

Breathing a sigh of relief as i peel my head from the pillow after a messy night out....exams are out of the way for another semester:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Only had two exams this semester,Monday and Saturday.All in all I was satisfied with both.The only thing left now is submitting my first thesis draft before crimbo (wohoo!) and 6 modules next semester,all with 100% final exams *gulp*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

fatal wrote: »
    Only had two exams this semester,Monday and Saturday.All in all I was satisfied with both.The only thing left now is submitting my first thesis draft before crimbo (wohoo!) and 6 modules next semester,all with 100% final exams *gulp*

i can only imagine what you'll be like after them:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

p-nut wrote: »
    i saw how locked you were after 2 that day

FYP.lol did i just delete almost everything expect that 'i' :p

Advertisement