Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapas style platter as a starter?

Options
  • 06-12-2009 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Friend is having a casual dinner party next week, and has asked me to do the starter, so I'm thinking of cooking a few different miniature versions of dishes and having them as a platter/buffet type thing.

I've had a few ideas of things to make, mini bruschetta with tomato and maybe parma ham or something, little chicken tenders, the ones from the Irish Times magazine a week or two ago, then maybe mini enchiladas or quesadillas. Onion rings might be good to do too...

Anyone else have recipes for this kind of thing? I'm not big into shellfish, hence why I'm doing this instead of the usual crab/shellfish starter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Chorizo and potato skewers are nice. Cut a thick slice of the chorizo fry it off until its a little bit crispy. Remove and cook cubed potatoes in the same oil until they have a crispy coating. You can do these well in advance and reheat gently in the oven before serving. Pity you don't do shellfish cos prawns are nice instead of the potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

That sounds great actually, I was going to do chicken and grilled vegetable kebabs, but that sounds more interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I'm kinda obsessed with chorizo at the moment!! So its figuring into every meal I've had this week. It goes lovely with most fish, especially prawns, scallops and meaty white fish. Patatas bravas would be another one you could use, I don't have a recipe but I know there's loads on the interweb :)

Advertisement