Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 network coverage

Options
  • 06-12-2009 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i'm thinking of changing to the 3 network soon (i like there options and prices), so just wondering what their coverage in Laois is. Living in portarlington so anyone with 3 expereience would be great if you could give some feedback. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

It's a bit like a Rabbits ears - it depends not only where in Portarlington you are, but where in the house you are. The only way you'll know is by ordering it and if you don't like it, return within the 14 day trial period. People in Dublin complain about it, and i don't blame them, i bring my 3 dongle here at the weekend and the speeds are worse than Port, that's because more people are sharing the Dublin masts, and takeup in Laois is probably very low (for now) as it only came to Laois in August. I get a good reception in my living room, especially over at the window, and the download speeds for files (games, movies etc) are much better than eircoms so called 3mb package... but the upload speeds are crap, so it will seem like a slow connection when browsing. For improving reception around your home, you can buy a WiFi router and stick it in the window or place of best reception. I was quoted 150 euros for it today... won't be buying that unless i can find it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

it depends on if its their internet your looking at or their phone lines.

I had both, the mobile phone was great for signal, i have been with 3 since the first started in ireland and im 3 years in portlaoise and never had problem but i got the internet modem and it was terrible so i sent it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Have 3 for internet. Does the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

if you go to three.ie click on national broad scheme (nbs) you can view the map and actually pinpoint your own house on it. it will tell you if your guarnteed coverage or not. i have it and im gettin 3 mbs which is good for 20 euro a month with a huge download limit...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Sorry lads, its their phone network i'm thinking of changing to. Someone on the network living outside Port says the coverage is very hit and miss. Apologies, i should have been more specific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

Do you know anyone with 3? Take them where you live and usually go and see the coverage. I - personally - can't complain, but I live in Portlaoise. The only problems I had were inside the Stradbrook Apartments building (and sometimes on my way to Dublin, especially between New Bridge and Naas). Overall, I'm very happy with 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭jamser89

Dodgy coverage. V tempermental

Advertisement