Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coloured Contact Lenses

Options
  • 06-12-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

I've always wanted to try some..

I know Hairspray used to sell them for a tenner but have now stopped..where else does them?

I've never worn contacts before so would I be better off going to Specsavers or somewhere like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

if your looking for ones without power to change your eye colour , i ordered a pair of green ones from
    www.cosmeticlenses.co.uk on wednesday night and they came today today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

could any1 tell me if coloured lenses can change very dark brown eyes? i tried on blue ones years ago n it made my eye go darker, nearly black!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I'm actually looking for the ones that do change your eye colour. Id like to be brown. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I used to work in an opticians, and the best ones we sold were ones called 'Freshlook Colour Blends' by a company called Ciba. It's a well recognised company so most opticians stock it.
    That said, the amout of people we saw who came in having damaged their eyes through putting the lenses in incorrectly, because they just bought them over the counter was unreal.
    OP if you've never worn lenses before, get a fitting from an optician before you buy any, they come in different sizes and diameters, and really the wrong size can do damage, as can putting them in incorrectly. You can wind up with a scraped cornea, infections or worse, and eye damage is painful, and at times, permenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

Asha on the top floor of Steven's Green do them, loads of colours but they're €30 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

I would totally agree with Jessibelle!!! i wear contacts instead of glasses and I need special ones cause i have whats called a stigma...if i was to wear normal shaped ones i'd have problems down the line!!!

if i;m not mistaken specsavers do them...i know i was given a few as a tester out of there before!!! but if your looking for funky ones theres a place in stephens green but get you eyes checked first!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Update: Well I checked out Asha in Stephens Green but they were pretty mad 1s + I just want brown.

Then today I went to Optilase on Wicklow St + they were extremely helpful. I got a consultation to check that my eyes were ok + a lesson of how to put them in/take them out + clean + store them. They also gave me demo lenses which last for a month :) This cost €30. The lenses are called Fresh Look Monthlies + I think most opticians do them + a set costs €30. I havn't bought a proper set yet but I definitely will.

They look really cool on...I chose Hazel + they look kinda greeny on my eyes...theyre really comfortable too. Totally recommend them! They do crazy styles as well as plain colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

It's really difficult to learn to use contact lenses. Most people find it difficult to put something in their eyes.

Advertisement