Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about unlocking and jailbreaking

• 06-12-2009 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I'm looking at buying a new phone either iphone 3gs or htc hd2. however, ive read that buying either of these unlocked can be dodgey and factory unlocking is the only safe way? also jail breaking. does this only apply to iphone or would the htc have to be jailbroken also? does it have to be jailbroken to use internet and download stuff? it all seems like so much work? and then i read that if you turn off your iphone you will have to reunlock it again by going online or something. im very confused about this. i would appreciate if someone could explain it all to me. Im more than likely going to go for the htc if that helps. thanks

Advertisement