Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

txt message delay

• 06-12-2009 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

im having a problem recieving my txt messages. the past few days some messages will be delayed for up to 4 or 5 hrs hrs before coming through to me, i tend to recieve them in bulk, like 7 or 8 messages at a time.
    it is very annoying, and impossible to rely on.
    the phone is about 4 years old, is it the phone or a fault in the sim card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ddub

Are you O2 by chance ?
    The six of us in my family, all o2 for at least 3 years had this issue until Friday when we gave up after four days of ringing o2 and changed over to Meteor all together on Friday - no issues since then, straw that broke the camels back was O2'a call centre suggestion of "Can you not just ring each other?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭kueef

thanks,
    yes im with o2.
    so they had no explanation for what was causing this?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ddub

Tried blaming the handset and sim for the first while, got new sim and tried other handset - same problem and as noted was happening to everyone i know on o2. Think they acknowledged over on the o2 forum that there is a general issue but with competition the way it is i wasn't a***d waiting any longer than 4 days especially with weekend drinking plans to be made :D but it was o2 customer care's tone rather than the problem which made my decision to move.

Advertisement