Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meaning of a death dream??

Options
  • 06-12-2009 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Last night I had a dream about an old friend from school dying.
    It was very vivid and clear.

She was in hospital.. and I went to see her.. she had a type of cancer in her stomach.

While I was there she had a complication with her colon due to her cancer.. I remember in the dream her doctor explaining it to me. Then I was told she had died. Her doctor then told me the colon problem had caused her body to go into some type of shock.

I was so so upset, I was crying and really upset. Then I woke up. Then I fell back to sleep and the dream continued.

I went into the mortuary to see her.. I stopped at the door before walking in and asked how she looked, I was scared to see her dead body.

When I walked in she look perfect. Like she was sleeping. I touched her face and I honestly could feel her cold skin on my hand. I fell to pieces upset.. but then she moved.. I got a massive fright but the doctor said it was just gasses in her body!!!!! (very strange!)

I was in a room then taking to her brothers, sisters and boyfriend.
    It was the most vivid and realistic dream I have ever had.

I called another friend this morning who lives near her and told her about the dream. Funny thing is this girl I had the dream about is actually attending the very same hospital for a cancer related problem.

I had no idea.. I havent actually spoken to her in a few years, our mutual friend just said it this morning when her told her about the dream.

Ironic or warning..???

I am actually very frecked out about the whole thing and wondering if anyone has any idea what it all might mean.
    I dont want to tell this girl as I dont want to frighten her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Dreams are from your subconcious.. you may have heard about your friend in passing and it didn't properly register in your 'conscience'.

But I think you should kill her, then you look like a psychic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Last night I had a dream where my legs changed into trumpets...I wouldnt worry about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Sleeping & Dreaming Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I don't put alot of weight on dreams to be honest.

A few nights ago I dreamt I sneaked into town to go to a bingo game.

A year or two ago I dreamt I drowned in my living room (:confused:) and when I died the only thing I could do was stare at a ball of wool and contemplate the meaning of life.

My dreams are wierd so I find it very difficult to see any subtext behind them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

brummytom wrote: »
    Dreams are from your subconcious.. you may have heard about your friend in passing and it didn't properly register in your 'conscience'.

Im very very sure I havent spoken to or about this girl for at least two years.
    I wouldnt normally think into these things too much but this dream really caught me by surprise.

But I think you should kill her, then you look like a psychic

Eh I think id look like a Psycho not Psychic!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

You're going to die.

orourkeda wrote: »
    You're going to die.

what???

ok im totally frecked out by that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Often you just dream what is the last thing on your mind when you go to sleep. The fact that your friend is in hospital means it is not surprising you had a dream like you did. I don't know exactly what is wrong with your friend, but we normally associate cancer with a high risk of death so your dream would be considered quite understandable given the circumstances.

Why are you worried that your friend would be frightened if you told her? Why would you tell her? Dreams don't mean anything. It couldn't possibly predict the future - so there is no need to tell her anything.

Often you just dream what is the last thing on your mind when you go to sleep. The fact that your friend is in hospital means it is not surprising you had a dream like you did. I don't know exactly what is wrong with your friend, but we normally associate cancer with a high risk of death so your dream would be considered quite understandable given the circumstances.

Why are you worried that your friend would be frightened if you told her? Why would you tell her? Dreams don't mean anything. It couldn't possibly predict the future - so there is no need to tell her anything.

When I had the dream I had no idea what-so-ever that this girl was attending that exact hospital for anything.

It was only the next day when I called a mutual friend and told her about the dream that I found out that this girl was attending that hospital for a cancer related issue.

I had no idea prior, I hadnt actually spoke to or about her in about 2 years.
    We were school friends.. we finished school 8 years ago.. we have just met randomly since.

I just found the whole thing a little too ironic.. thats why I posted the question.. I thought someone might have a background in dream analyses.

Or even just put my mind at ease..:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement