Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seamus Coleman

• 06-12-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

watched the everton v spurs game earlier and seamus coleman came on for everton and turned the game, great little right sided player and sure to be a future irish star

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Frees up O'Shea for LB or CM if he can step up. Sweet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Another product of the LOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

SantryRed wrote: »

I love the way he has played one match as a sub in the English League and he's 'sure to be an Irish Star', but suggest that while he was doing the business for Sligo Rovers over the last couple of seasons and you'd be laughed at!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Football doesn't count if it's not on Sky Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

LOI.

Everytime I see this I always read it as LOL.. Always gives me a chuckle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Another product of Sligo Rovers Football Club.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Ah yes, right up there with.....eh.....hmm.....

In all seriousness, I really can't think of any other high-profile footballer that came from Sligo Rovers (before someone posts Dixie Dean).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

There's a couple of former LOI players making a go of it in the EPL and SPL these days no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

In all seriousness, I really can't think of any other high-profile footballer that came from Sligo Rovers (before someone posts Dixie Dean).
    :p

Fella cant have a bit of pride in a young lad who used to play for his club making a bit of a name for himself without someone taking a pop!?

Find a mirror
    Take a look!

The lad is a proper prospect
    The lad is still a bit suspect positionally as anyone who has watched him over the years will tell you
    BUT today was class!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Sheepy99 wrote: »

He is from Killybegs in Donegal, dont start tryna steal him, he's ours :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'm losing count!

Strange thread.

Player of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Strange thread.

Player of the year.

Your strange!

MOTD2 praised his performance tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

He played great today. Excellent pass in for goal. Will be interesting to watch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Stacksey wrote: »
    Your strange!

you're strange.

you're welcome.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

curry-muff wrote: »

Might be a good goalkeeper prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Aidric wrote: »
    I'm losing count!

Take off your shoes and socks if your struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Tomthepost wrote: »
    Might be a good goalkeeper prospect.

Shay and Packie aren't the only footballing talent to come outa Donegal, look at Gary Doherty :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Shay and Packie aren't the only footballing talent to come outa Donegal, look at Gary Doherty :pac::pac:

He is actually half kerry but you are more then welcome to claim him!
    Andy Townsend's great grandmother's links to kerry are good enough for me.
    And then of course their is gary breen:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Tony Fagan,
    Skee McGee
    Eddie Annand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Ray Houghton came out of Donegal (parents).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

monkey9 wrote: »
    I love the way he has played one match as a sub in the English League and he's 'sure to be an Irish Star', but suggest that while he was doing the business for Sligo Rovers over the last couple of seasons and you'd be laughed at!!

i love the way the LOI brigade jump down someones throat just because they dont acknowledge the league straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

event wrote: »
    i love the way the LOI brigade jump down someones throat just because they dont acknowledge the league straight away

I love the way that you get so much enjoyment out of the LOI brigade feeling that they need to get acknowledgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

With a bit of luck, someone is going to see the success of lads like Seamus Coleman, Keith Fahey, Kevin Doyle etc. and actually put some sort of structure together for youth development within Ireland, god knows there are a lot of very talented footballers going out of the game entirely because there is nowhere to properly develop in Ireland if you get rejected in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So Doyle, Coleman, Fahey and countless others didn't develop within their League of Ireland clubs? Exactly how do you think they were 'discovered' by their British clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

If a player in Ireland is good enough people will notice no matter where in the country the player is, the power of word of mouth is jack nicholson

And who do you support?

We made him into what he is !:)

Good joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Another product of Mr. & Mrs. Coleman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Was at the Everton Spurs game yesterday. Very easy to get tickets at stadium. 6 of us an hour before, no problem....

Was very impressed with Colemans performance. Full of energy, definitely will make the Irish team at some point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Trilla wrote: »
    Was at the Everton Spurs game yesterday. Very easy to get tickets at stadium. 6 of us an hour before, no problem....

Was very impressed with Colemans performance. Full of energy, definitely will make the Irish team at some point

Yeah, there are a good couple of thousand seats with restricted views due to pillars, so you'll always get a ticket apart from the derby game and man utd, chelsea etc..

Coleman was very impressive alright. That's the third time i've seen him this season and he has impressed me every time... Hopefully he develops well over the next few years. Without doubt he will be the Irish right back in years to come. Trapp should get him in for the next Euros campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Yeah, there are a good couple of thousand seats with restricted views due to pillars, so you'll always get a ticket apart from the derby game and man utd, chelsea etc..

Coleman was very impressive alright. That's the third time i've seen him this season and he has impressed me every time... Hopefully he develops well over the next few years. Without doubt he will be the Irish right back in years to come. Trapp should get him in for the next Euros campaign.

there will be around 4 odd thousand tickets floating around for most home games as Third said, the pillar tickets not so popular in the blue community.

Advertisement