Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia car charger question.

• 06-12-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi, my Dad needs to get a new phone but he has a car phone cradle that he uses for charging and speaking while driving. Is there any accessory that he can get to add to his current unit so that he might fit the new phone in or does he have to get a totally new kit? He has a Nokia now and probably will get a similar but new version.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They dont use pop-port any more. If is kit has the bluetooth then you can still use it with a new phone, but he will have to get a plug in charger to use with the cigarette lighter supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Matamoros

I'm only copping on to what you meant about the pop port phone that my Dad has, so if he gets a new phone, it will be a bluetooth model and his Cark91 kit can only be used as a charger if he gets some adapter to sit in the cradle. So to speak on the phone while driving, his options are a new kit or a bluetooth headset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sorry should have made it bit more clearer. No phones are made with pop-port any more. All car kits are done with bluetooth now for the connection side, and then just use a normal plug-in cigarette charger.

If the kit he has is the Ck-w7 car kit, that has bluetooth in it already, so he could get a new cradle (which will only hold the phone, not charge it like the old cradle) and then plug in the cigarette charger to charge the phone when need.

Advertisement