Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educate Together Primary School

Options
  • 06-12-2009 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hey I'm thinking of sending my boy to the Carlow Educate Together Primary School and am just wondering does anybody know anything about this school. I hear it is different to your regular primary school with no uniforms and it adopts a different approach to education in general

I'd be particularly interested in what the teachers are like there?

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

i dont know any of the teachers in the school, but i gather the principal is quite progressive and young. the school facilities appear to be excellent as classrooms are equiped with electronic whiteboards. the school also has unit dedicated to catering for children with autism.

there is some more information about educate together schools in general on the website www.educatetogether.ie

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have you looked at their web-page?http://www.carloweducatetogether.ie/home/

I would make an appointment to meet the principal and to get a tour around the school, this will give you some idea /sense of the school.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

as to a "different approach to education" it is a primary school and covers the same curriculum as any other school.The only difference is that instead of a specfic religion an Educate Together school teaches a more general "Ethical Education Curriculum ".

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

My kids are going there at the moment and they seem to think its great. the staff have always been very approachable and up to discuss any concerns or questions we might have. I've no vast experience of primary schools (at least not in the last 25 years or so) but it seems very good to me.

And no there is no uniform:)

Advertisement