Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Saboteur: Anyone else played this?

• 06-12-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭

Didn't know much about this game until a buddy mentioned it to me last week. I have it since Saturday now and I have to say I'm pretty impressed by it.

Didn't expect much, all I heard was that it was a Sandbox style WW2 game.
    I think its pretty good.
    I think it got mixed reviews from various critics, some say it was a dissapointment. I beg to differ though.

Anyone else had a go at this? What ya think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

i have only played if for a short while, its okay, nothing major!

i rented it for the week, so that will do me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I like it. It's quite rough in parts and the accents are atrocious but there's an awful lot to do if you can look past those things.

I'd give it a solid 7/10 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

It looks like to be a game i will rent rather than buy. There are no games out at the moment i have an urge to get, I have AC2 and MW2 so i dont know what to do with my days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Finished the game yesterday and really liked it. Thought the accents where hilarious and some of the lines Sean says are excellent.

The controls are kind of annoying, I hated the fact that if you climb a ladder or building he puts awy his gun, obviously, but when you get to the top you have to re-select the gun to equip it, many times I got to th top faced an enemy and went into the Brawl mode instead of taking aim and shooting.

Listened to the joystiq podcast and they said he's so Irish when he walks he shits Lucky Charms. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is it a long game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Mr E wrote: »
    Is it a long game?

Think the game clock read about 14 hours when I finished it. There's alot of collectibles and stuff to do after the main story is done though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Rented it also, the trailers actually made this game look worse than it really is.
    The accent and dialogue is pretty humorous when not taken out of context like in the trailer.

Favourite line so far "I'm not F**kin' British" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sean's accent really made me cringe at first. Having tolerated it for a while now I'm starting to find it quite amusing :D . Still say they could've gotten an Irish person to do the voice though.
    Love the way he cracks up when someone associates him with the British :pac:

"I'm fcukin Irish!" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Its pretty good, not gonna win GOTY or anything but its great fun to drive around Paris killing Nazis (although, when is Nazi killing not fun?!)

A solid 7/10 from me and im only about 4 hours in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I would rent it if my local extravision wasnt a waste of a complex.. not 1 new game did they have to rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

gamercfc wrote: »
    Didn't know much about this game until a buddy mentioned it to me last week. I have it since Saturday now and I have to say I'm pretty impressed by it.

Didn't expect much, all I heard was that it was a Sandbox style WW2 game.
    I think its pretty good.
    I think it got mixed reviews from various critics, some say it was a dissapointment. I beg to differ though.

Anyone else had a go at this? What ya think?
    yeah i love this game, gamercfc man:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Got this for Xmas, well an early Xmas present and started playing it tonight.

Decent game so far, I'd be waiting to play it since it came out and to be honest, it's good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

mr.noobie wrote: »
    yeah i love this game, gamercfc man:cool:

broie ya clown, ya wanna lone of it or sumtn? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭da gamer

really under rated game this. can be bought for under a tenner now, well worth a look for people who enjoy single player sand box games

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FR.Ted Crilly

Ya i have its very addictive but repetitive if your Irish it gives an extra kick, Hollywood Irish accent is very good and has fantastic smooth play... Its only down fall was its relase date clashed with COD Modern Warefare 2 which will send anything to the bin basket..enjoy it while it lasts i stepped up the difficulty to make it last but if you got it for a tenner id sail through it, Best part of the game for me is probably graveyard / castle scenes, its a keeper....
    (extra content unlocks full nudity in the Moulin Rouge) for 1.99 PlayStationStore. not sure about X⎕

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I enjoyed it. The Irish accent was extremely annoying though. Fairly easy game.

Advertisement