Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dogs day out!!!!

Options
  • 06-12-2009 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

this is taking place next sunday at the national show centre, cloughran, dublin!!!

more info on ... www.irishdogjournal.com

rds037455.jpg
    Brief Outline of proposed sponsored event for the re-launch of “The Irish Dog Journal ®

“DOGS DAY OUT”

Venue: National Show grounds, Cloughan Co. Dublin.
    Date: Sunday December 13th 2009
    Admission: FREE
    Dogs Day Out” will coincide with the public re-launch of the Irish Dog Journal, we are very grateful to our sponsors and supporters.

A celebration of dogs and their owners.

The concept behind our event is to offer unique and exciting experience for all dog lovers, bringing together a day full of merry fun and entertainment whilst also providing advice and tips on responsible pet ownership.

The event will run on the above date with lots of fun activities, experts, exhibitors offering free advice, health-checks, gifts, and accessories to new and existing dog owners & to those thinking of adding a new addition to their family.
    Please [URL="javascript: function OpenGM(){window.open('http://www.marketmailer.co.uk/rwcode/subscribe.asp?SiteID=414&Mode=subscribe','','top=225,left=465,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=750,height=640');} OpenGM()"][/url]REGISTER online your interest in our “Dogs’ Day Out Show 2009”. Closer to the date we will send you further information and a show programme.

Just some of our key event features include:

Dogs on the Catwalk!
    An ultimate stylish fashion show! With dogs on the catwalk, not to be missed!

Sled Dogs Ireland / Santa
    Sled dogs Ireland (who are appearing on our front cover) will not only be taking part in the fashion show but will be present throughout the day, displaying and demonstrating their sport and equipment.

Celebrity dog show
    We will have a 4-classes dog show judged by celebrities and op en to the public, exhibiting all breeds/ crossbreeds etc. Classes include: Handled by a lady / Handled by a gentleman/ Handled by a child /Dog I would like to take home.

Vet expert advice / talks
    We plan to have vets on hand to give out free advice and health & dental checks

Dog artists / photographers
    A chance for dog-owners to have their pet captured by caricature, painting or photograph.
    Animal healing / Animal communication
    Meet Dr. Doolittle
    Pet products
    Exhibitors with various different practical pet products.

Pet pressies
    A perfect time for dog-owners to buy their pet a present to add under the tree!
    Grooming parlors
    Mobile groomers will be there to provide a pampering parlour for dogs so they can have a Christmas treat and look and feel their best for the festive season!
    Dog artists / photographers
    A chance for dog-owners to have their pet captured by caricature, painting or photograph.
    Animal healer / animal communication
    Free talks and demonstrations on working with your dog, as well as dog readings.
    Pet psychologist
    Talks and demonstrations to educate dog owners about the behavior of dogs and how best to work with them to create a more harmonious environment for both the dog and its owner.
    Meet the Breed
    A variety of professional and ethical breeders will be on hand with their dogs. This is to facilitate those wishing to choose the right dog for their home and lifestyle.
    Holistic / natural product
    For those who love holistic, and natural products for their dogs.

*There will also be a host of of other exhibitor’s that are not dog related selling or advising of their products / services.

Getting to The venue

smd.jpg
    front-1.png
    DVDs_dvd780.jpg
    1_logo_celestialshop.gif
    Pets_third.jpg

PLEASE NOTE
    ALL DOGS ARE WELCOME!

HOWEVER, WE CANNOT ALLOW DOGS WHO ARE:
    AGGRESSIVE
    POORLY
    NOT VACCINATED
    IN SEASON

Please keep all dogs on a lead!

ALL CHILDREN MUST
    BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES

Designed by NodeThirtyThree and Free CSS Templates
    a#sys_yolacredit_a1:hover {text-decoration: underline!important; font-weight:normal!important} a#sys_yolacredit_a2:hover {text-decoration: underline!important; font-weight:normal!important} a#sys_yolacredit_a1 {text-decoration: none!important; font-weight:normal!important} a#sys_yolacredit_a2 {text-decoration: none!important; font-weight:normal!important} #sys_yolacredit_right {background-image:url(classes/commons/yola_footer/png/yolaTag_03.png)} #sys_yolacredit_left {background-image:url(classes/commons/yola_footer/png/yolaTag_01.png)} #sys_yolacredit_center {background-image:url(classes/commons/yola_footer/png/yolaTag_02.png)}

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Oh I heard about that looks like it will be a fun day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

I'm there too.

I will be there , sounds like a great day .

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭GinaH

“Dogs Day Out” is a fun FREE family day out with dogs welcome! At the National Show Grounds in Cloghran next Sunday 13th. We have many fun activities planned, highlights of which include fun classes for all breeds to enter (please note all entry fees will be donated to various dog charities), we also have a fun fashion show where the public can participate in with their dog, sled dog Ireland demonstrating their sport & equipment, husky’s pulling Santa sleigh, agility & dog training (weather permitting) dog artists, arts & crafts, pet products & pressies , talks and demonstrations on all areas of pet health, free health & dental checks and music & spot prizes and so much more ! more info can be found here: http://www.irishdogjournal.com/our-launch.php

The above event is being hosted by The Irish Dog Journal, who are back after over 25 years!

The new magazine is being exclusively launched at “Dogs day Out”. Their original magazine was a huge success in the 1970 s & 1980s, original features included: Show reports, dog show news, breed notes, health reports etc

Show Program
    11.00 am - Exhibition opens
    2.00 Dog show begins- 6 x classes
    (Entries on the day at the show office)
    (With each class lasting approx 15 mins)
     Handled by a Lady
     Handle by a gentleman
     Handled by child
     Dog most like their owner
     Best Groomed Dog
     Dog I’d like to take home
    3.15 pm (approx) dog show ends
    3.30 Sled Dogs Ireland Demonstrations
     The canni cross
     Scootering
     Riggs
     Equipment demonstration
    4.15 pm Talks & Demonstrations
     The importance of grooming
     Pet psychology, get inside the dog’s mind
     Animal shamanism & Communication
     Expert nutritional information
     Others to be confirmed on the day
    6.00 pm Fashion Show starts
    6.45 Husky’s Sleigh & Santa!
    6.55 Raffle winners announced (great prizes)
    7.00 pm Show Ends
    Activities outside (weather permitting)
    Agility & Dog training
    ALSO: throughout the day there will be music and spot prizes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Merged as there was already a thread on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Im going too!! Bringing my rottie and it will make a nice change for him to be there when its not a show.

I will be there with my Husky . Actually there seems to be a good few of us going. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

Can anyone bring their dog to this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My OH doesn't want to go, he will be hungover apparently (there is a fight the night before and a few of his mates are calling over to watch). I might still make the trip.

There's room in the car for another person and their dog if anyone would like to go from kildare but transport is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes Cipher, all dogs are welcome, says it on the ad for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭cosnochta

Anyone else go to this? I was there with my poodle and Shih Tzu. Had a really great time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

i went and was really disappointed in it....not many stalls or people there!!!!
    bit of a let down tbh :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

spiderdog wrote: »
    i went and was really disappointed in it....not many stalls or people there!!!!
    bit of a let down tbh :confused:

Yeah I went too was really dissapointed too, wasn't too impressed with the "shows" either.

Well the show was free so , i am not going to say dissapointed. I was there with my Husky . i had a bit of fun .

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

It was all free sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Well the show was free so , i am not going to say dissapointed. I was there with my Husky . i had a bit of fun .

The black and white one?

Advertisement