Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longest game

Options
  • 06-12-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, what is the longest game (in terms of seasons) posters have managed?

The longest I've managed was ten seasons split across four clubs, iirc. Can't remember why I quit in the end. That was on FM07.

On FM09, I managed five and a half seasons with QPR before getting sacked and losing interest.

Currently, I'm playing FM07 and I'm into my ninth season and have managed four teams.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I still go back to my FM09 game. I took over Cardiff City at the age of 35 and am currently with West Ham at the ripe old age of 55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

i'd normally last 15-20 seasons if the game was going well.... more than 2 or 3 clubs and i'd lose interest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

season 2021/2022 with one club playing atm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

20 Seasons with Celtic in FM08.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

12 seasons with Man Utd in FM07, won the CL 8 times and the PL 9 times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

15 seasons with Celtic in CM 00/01.

Brought the likes of Ronaldinho, Raul, Figo, Zidane etc. to the Scottish League over my career. Boosted it so much, that Kilmarnock were regularly contesting the knockout stages of the Champions League. Some other interesting things that happened were Gary Neville becoming Spurs manager, Zinedine Zidane becoming a scout at Hamilton, Mikael Silvestre becoming Arsenal manager. I remember the game fondly for the class of regens I brought to Celtic - English strikers Matt Hilton and Simon Stevens, and Portuguese midfielders Nuno Silva and Nuno Vieira. What a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

I'm in the year 2033/2034 of a Football Manager 2008 - think its been 17 days in total.

I was Man Utd at the start, won the double (league and champions league) and got sacked.

Got offered the job at Valencia and have been in charge ever since - been dominating the league but lost it a couple of times. I think its the interest of coming back and taking it off Real Madrid again that keeps me coming back.

Only started winning the champions league regularly recently as well but I'm trying to go a whole season without losing a league game - closest I've come is losing one but that was ages ago.

I've also managed a number of international teams but kept going back to Argentina - greatest achievement was the Copa America but was just offered the job again with the 2034 World Cup coming up so I said I'd give it another go - would love to do it.

Advertisement