Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volume of writing for textual analysis?

Options
  • 06-12-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

So here I am about to go into a German Textual Analysis (GER10030) exam, and I'm fairly certain it will be my worst module.. Literature and I don't really go together too well.

The lecturer dropped a few pointers of what to look over for the exam, but there was no mention of how much writing is expected in the answers. Obviously volume isn't everything here, but how much are the lecturers/examiners looking to see?

I heard the "how long is a piece of string" speech many times, but that doesn't really help me estimate the length of these essays. Could someone who did this, or a similar, module help me out with this?

Thanks!

Andrei

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

A friend of mine did the exam two years ago. He says there was a word count given on the paper beside the questions. He can't remember what it was but if you check the past papers you should see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Doesn't look like it..

http://www.ucd.ie/exams/pastpapers/2008/200850779.pdf

I checked all the past papers on the SISWEB, the above being the last available.

Advertisement