Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hero: The Official Film of the 1986 FIFA World Cup

• 06-12-2009 11:00pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093181/
    I had this on VHS as a teenager and used watch it all the time.

Lost it but it just aired on ESPN classic.

WOW, this has to be the greatest sporting documentary ever made.

Everything is perfect - the editing, the narration by Michael Caine, the music.

Really is an amazing film.

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

The best thing about 86 was the Hand of God. One Nation cried murder - all others celebrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Had that myself on VHS way back when. A fantastic must see for any soccer fan. :) Them where the days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

redout wrote: »
    The best thing about 86 was the Hand of God. One Nation cried murder - all others celebrated.

Best thing about 86 was the other goal in that game. England should have gone looking for a replay or asked to be allowed to take part in the semis as a 5th team, and boycotted coke.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Had that myself on VHS way back when. A fantastic must see for any soccer fan. :) Them where the days.

VIVA!, VIVA!, VIVA LA BLEU! VIVA!

Remember giving the VHS to people in my class at school and they all loved it.
    That's probably what happened to it, actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

bohsman wrote: »
    Best thing about 86 was the other goal in that game.

Not to mention Jimmy McGee's classic commentary............different class..............DIFFERENT CLASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

do any of ye know whether espn classic will be repeating it?? i've never seen it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

redout wrote: »

Its not so funny now that i know how they felt, although ours was to a lesser extent :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I started a thread about this around 2 and a half years ago, trying to get a copy of it somewhere :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054977954

Just by chance I was watching the documentary about Johann Cruyff on ESPN classic the other night and noticed this was on afterwards!!! I was overjoyed! Brought back so many good memories about watching this as a kid. Needless to say I Sky plussed it and put the keep symbol on it :)

Thank god for digital technology. I think I went through 2 copies of this as a kid as I actually wore the tape down until it snapped through watching it so many times...

I don't have Sky+ but just found a torrent for this - with 1 seed!

probably be a while downloading.

• Advertisement

I downloaded a copy of this and am currently uploading to youtube, so if you don't have ESPN you can watch it.
    Quality isn't great, looks like a rip of an old VHS.

First part below, other parts uploading.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMNz3QILWes

Advertisement