Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio

• 06-12-2009 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭

Im currently studying media and radio with the hope of breaking into the radio industry,does anyone have any advice or pointers etc about how to get started or what they did?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

I'm involved in community radio, which isn't hard to get involved in.

Obviously doesn't pay, but it looks good on the CV and loads of people at the station have used it to get involved in mainstream TV and radio stations.

Probably not great help to you, but community definitely is a good and fairly handy place to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    I'm involved in community radio, which isn't hard to get involved in.

Obviously doesn't pay, but it looks good on the CV and loads of people at the station have used it to get involved in mainstream TV and radio stations.

Probably not great help to you, but community definitely is a good and fairly handy place to start

yeah i already do a news presenting job on my local community radio:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 939DSFM

Hey SaranneWrap, just wondering how you got on. Have you broken into mainstream radio yet or are you still doing community radio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Just finished an internship in 4fm, working on my thesis at the moment so havent been looking too much!

Advertisement