Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socail Welfare Budget Cut Protest

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Im getting sick of people who are telling me how to spent/live with my dole
    People hwo are telling me whats allowed to do with it and telling its to much
    Well now i telling you all what im really do with my dole
    I put it all on my credit card every week exept my rent and why
    My thoughts are the only way in this country to find a job is having a credit card with usefull money on it
    The costs i make is far more than i have left over from weeks dole payments
    For example 3 weeks ago i did applied for a yob in rosslaire
    I had my interview on a monday on 11 o clock
    I have a car but not paying anything for it so i had to rent one
    its imposible to get any public transport from north mayo to to rosslaire so i had to rent a car
    In this country only possible with a creditcard
    Total costs of this interview 167.89 euro
    How the **** do i have to pay that with only dole?????
    What u think about phone costs,newspapers,internet,.stamps to sent your cv
    Yesterday i ve applied for a yob in the netherlands so if i have to go for an interview thanks to my creditcard payments i can

So im telling you 1 and an half year ago i got unemployed stopped paying all of my debts exept my creditcard and stil staying doing that because money makes money
    if u are a really one whos serious looking for a decent job well the dole only is far from enough to do so ,or your only way is turning around with two euros left over in your pocket in that ****hole of a town of yours that never have any job to offer for u

So one advice for everyone on the dole try to keep up your c card payments you really need it if u want a decent job and use it only for the things u really need
    dont listen to nitwits with a job who knows it all
    So i have spoken merry chismas everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    The UK rate is £70.35 (€77.93) per week, we are nearly 3 times this, no way can such rates continue.

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/stellent/groups/jcp/documents/websitecontent/dev_015666.pdf

Why do people keep bringing the UK up? The UK has awful welfare, but also your weekly shopping is twice as cheap. There are so many ridiculous little living expenses in Ireland, and job hunting is undoubtedly more expensive too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Sandvich wrote: »
    Why do people keep bringing the UK up? The UK has awful welfare, but also your weekly shopping is twice as cheap. There are so many ridiculous little living expenses in Ireland, and job hunting is undoubtedly more expensive too.

the uk is seen internationally as having a fairly generous wellfare state

Advertisement