Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Lodgment in my Account?

• 06-12-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Just looking at my account online I've seen there's a deposit of 430.95 with a reference of Street Fighter I.

Worried now, what the hell could it be and has my account info been taken?
    Banking 365 don't seem to have any real people on the phone on a Sunday so I can't ring them and talk to an operator?

Am I stuck wondering until tomorrow or could it simply be a mistake on someone elses part?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

could be a mistake but you won't know until tomorrow I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm scared to look at my account now for fear of seeing money being taken out!

Looks like its a nervous night of sleep for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Street Figher? Sounds like winnings to a Street Fighter tournament to me to be honest...

They probably had the winner's details wrong. Wait until you can talk to an operator... they should be able to send it back where it came from.

Yeah that's what I thought it might be. Will hopefully get the money to the rightful owner tomorrow.

thanks for the help guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If that's the narrative (description) it could have come from anyone - when making a lodgement you can put any text you like there (within character limit).

It's unlikely your account has been taken (they tend to take money out, not put it in ;)) - so it's either a payment made in error or somebody taking the piss. Were you expecting money from friends/family?

Either way, contact the bank tomorrow. They'll be able to find out more information :)

• Advertisement

Got on to the bank this morning, they're going to trace the transaction but it could take a few days.

No-one owes me money except my aunt and my friend but I know it's neither of them. The odd amount (430.95) makes me think it has been subject to conversion so I reckon it'll be traced to outside the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It looks like 400pound at a rate of about .91

Strange one alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm stick for cash at the moment... and it's probably wrong of me to think this but if that were me I'd have gone on a christmas spending spree.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Achilles wrote: »
    I'm stick for cash at the moment... and it's probably wrong of me to think this but if that were me I'd have gone on a christmas spending spree.

No that would have been a bad idea. It can sometimes happen that money gets credited to an account mistakenly. After a few days, it usually gets resolved though and the money ends up where it belons. Going on a spending spree could result in your account becoming overdrawn if that money was to be recovered and given to the rightful owner.

Problem sorted. It was actually a mate of mine who transferred money to me ages ago and I was still on his beneficiary list. This time he meant to pay his credit card bill but accidentally sent it to me.

I'll get the money back to him and all will be right again!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Problem sorted. It was actually a mate of mine who transferred money to me ages ago and I was still on his beneficiary list. This time he meant to pay his credit card bill but accidentally sent it to me.

I'll get the money back to him and all will be right again!

Who pays their credit card and puts 'Street Fighter 1' in the description/memo field? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who pays their credit card and puts 'Street Fighter 1' in the description/memo field? :confused:

He may have the beneficiary description set to "street fighter 1"

Let's call him Jim.
    Ie. when Jim intially transfered money to Zapp Brannigan he set it up to show up as coming from "street fighter 1"

It was actually Street Fighter lol. It's a long story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Just looking at my account online I've seen there's a deposit of 430.95 with a reference of Street Fighter I.

Worried now, what the hell could it be and has my account info been taken?
    Banking 365 don't seem to have any real people on the phone on a Sunday so I can't ring them and talk to an operator?

Am I stuck wondering until tomorrow or could it simply be a mistake on someone elses part?

withdarw everything and close the account before anyone notices!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Daragh101 wrote: »
    withdarw everything and close the account before anyone notices!

:p someone didn't read the whole thread

Advertisement