Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esb!!

Options
  • 06-12-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hey all, really hope somebody can help me with this.

My flatmate is leaving abruptly to go back to Brazil, on Wednesday! She only told myself and landlady on Friday and she has the ESB in her own name as she moved in first.

How am I going to work out the ESB now? She had just moved in few days before me, and we are just here since early November so the bill won't be massive, but how am I supposed to know how much I owe? As in I don't have a meter reading from when I first moved in- presumably she has this on her account details, and I know that I can't ring in with the latest meter reading, she will have to do this as my name is not on account.

I would put my name on account but I'd be afraid she won't pay her half of the bill then! This way at least she is somewhat accountable but I am worried she will exaggerate what the meter was when we moved in.

She is very broke so that's why I am worried.

What's my best plan of action?

Sorry but this stuff has never happened me before!

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Fnergg

What you should do is take a meter reading and get the account put in your name from that reading. Phone the ESB at 1850372372 and they will do the rest.

A final bill will issue in her name and she will be liable for that. You are not liable for any charges incurred in her name.

If you are a first time customer you will be asked to pay either a €300 refundable deposit or agree to pay future bills by direct debit. The latter is the obvious option so have your bank account details ready when you call.

Regards,

Fnergg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Thanks a mil for the help.
    she just texted me to say she closed the account and didn't even give them the meter reading to find out how much it came to up until this date.

Shame people have to behave in these kinds of ways.

thanks for the help.

Advertisement