Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men-what attracts you to a girl on a night out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Based on the "manly" replies of most on this I now have a collective image of a bar of David Brents tryin to chat birds up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

A bit of the oul eye contact flurting is the one that gets me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

if shes good lookin, not a skank and doesnt come across a gowlbag. then im down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Good body and nicely dressed. Not too much make-up. Smiles, eye contact and being a bit flirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

dressing differently to all the other uniformly dressed girls in a club....

looking like she does'nt give a damn if any anyone comes up to her,

not fat,

not sexually repressed or trying to play games...direct (ie. takes 'excuse me, i have to say you have a great ass'...as a compliment rather than an insult)

knows what she wants ....

basically linda fiorentino in 'the last seduction'.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Someone who looks pleasant and approachable. I will watch how a girl interacts with her friends. Does she have a nice 'air' about her? Facial expressions and body language are so important. Does she look like she has a good sense of humour? Smiling? If she looks any way grumpy I won't go near her.

Is she looking around the odd time or is she totally engrossed in conversation with her mates? I need a signal to approach. I will only do this if I get a smile and good eye contact. She would have to be reasonably attractive but not stunning looking - more likely to be b!tchy and high maintanence tbh and I'd be just the 20th guy to be laughed at. That's probably not completely fair but I'm just being honest here, I've experienced too many of the 'b!tchy beautiful' type.

I will NEVER approach women who are dancing with their mates. When women are dancing together I find it a bit excluding. To me, it sends out a signal "go away, we're doing our own thing". I'm not really into dancing with women anyway. I'm much more likely to charm women with my mouth (talking, that is).

What else....oh yeah, clothes. If a girl is wearing really revealing clothing (boobs out, skirts up to the arse) I won't go near her. Don't get me wrong, I am a red blooded male and I do love to see a bit of boobies and legs but when you can practically see nipples and knickers that just looks cheap IMO. Class is the key thing here. I would prefer a girl's appeal to be whispered rather than shouted.

If she's talking to a bloke, I don't care if it's a friend or not, how am I supposed to know? Not worth it. I don't want to be a c0ck blocker anyway.

Extreme drunkeness is a MAJOR turn off. And shouting. No need to tell the whole pub what you think of Cheryl Cole's dress. Again, class is so important.

Oh yeah, her mates. Do they look like b!tches? Even if she's nice, will they tell you to fcuk off?

Almost forgot, hen nights. I avoid them like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

a size 12 is fat

If she's 4 foot tall, maybe ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A woman with good child baring hips is what I look for, that and feminine hands that are slender yet strong enough to pull a calf out a cow at 4 in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Based on the "manly" replies of most on this I now have a collective image of a bar of David Brents tryin to chat birds up!

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CebMtVe_YiQ

David's second blind date with a 'bird' who's obviously beneath him :pac:.

Cringe comedy at it's best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xmcp

Well yeah tehy ahve to be funny, smart, intelligent, good looking, charming...or Asian.

:-)

All those pretty Chinese girls concentrate in Dublin as well, ye lucky fcuks! I've to pull out the street game to try and get a date with them, no luck yet.

I was out in Kehoes off Grafton Street there a while ago when 3 walked in and got a drink, was just going over to chance my arm but was beaten to it by three tall rugby-playing types. They were over in 10 seconds, lot of competition!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dilligaf73

Smile! Have to be approachable :)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

dilligaf73 wrote: »
    Smile! Have to be approachable :)
    Just the smile for you?

I didn't say that was all there was too it! The question was "what attracts you to a girl on a night out?"

No smile no beginning to "meaningful" dialogue :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

ChewChew wrote: »
    Just the smile for you?

It helps make the awkward approach a little bit easier

Eyes do it for me:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭oisinmc14

A girl who makes moves on you not vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

A pulse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

If I'm honest, where I am is often first and foremost. Nothing that starts in somewhere like Coppers will last more than a night/day.

Obviously hot girls are hot. Clothes etc are often a clue as to what someone can be like.

Someone you can talk to is pretty much the only massive thing you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

a size 12 is fat
    funkyjebus wrote: »
    Agreed, size 12 is fat 8 is perfect, might sway me to a 10 if very pretty and curvy as appose to plumpy. But i'd take a 10 over a 6 most days

Its people like ye that cause eating disorders. hope ye know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

actually you see the same ad's with 6 packed men laying on beaches every day, yet there is a much lower percentage of eating disorders in men. so wouldnt that make it due to some womens desire to please, rather then what men think of women?
    I just thought of the diet coke guy for instance. Yet i resisted the urge to stick my fingers down my throat! go figure....

Eyes do it for me:pac:

Have to agree with that statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

No its the likes of hello & ok magazine that cause women to have eating disorders and correct me if I'm wrong but not many guys read those. Women are the cause of their own eating disorders nobody else. As a poster said, the amount of aftershave, diet coke etc... ads featuring men without a pick on them yet strangely not many men have eating disorders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

a size 12 is fat
    Agreed, size 12 is fat .

^^^^

2yw68o6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Interesting read; a few questions come to mind.

1. Why is it that most men need to be inebriated before they approach a lady?
    2. In nightclubs & bars, it's mostly crowded-how does one know a guy is interested?
    3. Not all lads hanging around women are their boyfriends! Why don't you ask?
    4. Why do men hang around after being rejected(respectfully i must ask)?

I have more questions to ask :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭twinytwo

longshanks wrote: »
    its nice if she the ability to hold a decent conversation

while my dick or balls or both are in her mouth and shes playing with my ring

omg... how i lol'd... thanks longshanks i had to leave my lab in fits of laughter:D

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    actually you see the same ad's with 6 packed men laying on beaches every day, yet there is a much lower percentage of eating disorders in men. so wouldnt that make it due to some womens desire to please, rather then what men think of women?
    I just thought of the diet coke guy for instance. Yet i resisted the urge to stick my fingers down my throat! go figure....

wrong...

MIN2511 wrote: »
    1. Why is it that most men need to be inebriated before they approach a lady?
    Because you don't talk about football, good music or the arse on your one over there so when were sober your conversation bores us to tears and we'd rather talk with our mates. When were drunk we want to get laid!
    2. In nightclubs & bars, it's mostly crowded-how does one know a guy is interested?
    He's looking at you and in particular your chest and he may give you the tip of the cap smile and a wink
    3. Not all lads hanging around women are their boyfriends! Why don't you ask?
    As has been said, were not cockblockers. If a guy is talking to a woman its more trouble than its worth, we'll go somewhere else.
    4. Why do men hang around after being rejected(respectfully i must ask)?
    If you didn't come out and brutally honestly say "F**K OFF" then there is a chance we may charm you and turn you. Its a game and were playing 1 on 1, unless your mates also interested of course.

iregk wrote: »
    Because you don't talk about football, good music or the arse on your one over there so when were sober your conversation bores us to tears and we'd rather talk with our mates. When were drunk we want to get laid!
    Not this girl! I love football, watch nearly every United game. I watch GAA as well; i did go to every Dublin game this year in my jersey! I also talk UFC, play poker, and yeah i can take jokes!!!
    Right, so you only chat up women when you wan't to get laid?! You must be getting laid a whole lot! :O
    He's looking at you and in particular your chest and he may give you the tip of the cap smile and a wink
    My chest doesn't define me, i am a person first before a piece of meat!
    As has been said, were not cockblockers. If a guy is talking to a woman its more trouble than its worth, we'll go somewhere else.
    No worries....
    If you didn't come out and brutally honestly say "F**K OFF" then there is a chance we may charm you and turn you. Its a game and were playing 1 on 1, unless your mates also interested of course.
    That would be very rude, not my style...

Not this girl! I love football, watch nearly every United game. I watch GAA as well; i did go to every Dublin game this year in my jersey! I also talk UFC, play poker, and yeah i can take jokes!!!
    Right, so you only chat up women when you wan't to get laid?! You must be getting laid a whole lot! :O

No worries....

wow i didnt think a girl like you existed...well apart from the dublin bit:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Being approachable, looking like they're enjoying themselves. And being confident doesn't mean trying to be smart, you'll just look petty and to be honest a little slagging isn't something I find attractive.

Nice smile, nice eyes, slim figure will do it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

A nice Rack

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

Approachable has to be one of the biggest things.If she doesn't look approachable men don't bother ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Hootanany wrote: »
    A nice Rack

I believe you'll find that the correct and technical terms is......boobies:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

That'd be leading them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

A woman that i would approach would have to be nice looking (not a typical blonde with big boobs etc), dressed nice, looks like she is enjoying herself, has a nice smile. I talking back as much as you are talking to her and is'nt sourrounded by loads of friends.

This could be the start of something beautiful. A/S/L? I know the S/L part however stats would be appreciated!
    Absolutely couldn't agree more however in the late dark recesses of a drunken night out clubbing we've no idea what kind of a person you are from across the room. There are a number of possible candidates so we need something to narrow them down.
    Fair play however we can be persistent. Remember we want to leave when you say no in a nice subtle way however once the smaller member of our bodies senses this he ups the anti and forces us to stay there. You think its us, no its all him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭raptorman

Fracture wrote: »
    A woman that i would approach would have to be nice looking (not a typical blonde with big boobs etc), dressed nice, looks like she is enjoying herself, has a nice smile. I talking back as much as you are talking to her and is'nt sourrounded by loads of friends.

What's wrong with big breasted blondes:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

lol this thread actually makes it sound like people on here would have the social skills to pick and pull a burd :D Now we all know thats highly unlikely :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

raptorman wrote: »
    What's wrong with big breasted blondes:(

lol nothing, boobs arn't something that would make me go for a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

camel toe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

lol this thread actually makes it sound like people on here would have the social skills to pick and pull a burd :D Now we all know thats highly unlikely :D
    The McCann's would beg to differ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Bluntly, who has the biggest tits and smallest clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭IR240474

When she laughs at my jokes, not forced, like when I fart on her face.

This is love!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

a size 12 is fat
    Agreed, size 12 is fat

Good look getting laid boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Well definitely not too much make-up and must be approachable are the first two things - otherwise you don't look natural, probably very insecure and put up a front and don't act genuine. So someone needs to look natural, fresh and come across as a genuinely friendly and nice person. After that I prefer "cute" girls who are a bit of craic (don't need to much prodding for conversation etc) and lookwise I'd agree that a 10 is perfect. You don't want too much meat on the bones but at the same time you don't want her to an intimdating body, six pack or something! If a girl has all that I'd automatically be interested and then it's a case of seeing how compatible we are after a quick chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Well definitely not too much make-up and must be approachable are the first two things - otherwise you don't look natural, probably very insecure and put up a front and don't act genuine. So someone needs to look natural, fresh and come across as a genuinely friendly and nice person. After that I prefer "cute" girls who are a bit of craic (don't need to much prodding for conversation etc) and lookwise I'd agree that a 10 is perfect. You don't want too much meat on the bones but at the same time you don't want her to an intimdating body, six pack or something! If a girl has all that I'd automatically be interested and then it's a case of seeing how compatible we are after a quick chat

Same here. I just absolutely adore the cute look. Someone who looks really pleasant and good natured, whom you could never imagine saying "fcuk off ya pr!ck!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Porkpie wrote: »
    Same here. I just absolutely adore the cute look. Someone who looks really pleasant and good natured, whom you could never imagine saying "fcuk off ya pr!ck!"

+1 Cute girls ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

TheZohan wrote: »
    I would have kept my head down if I was you, pity you had to act the jack the lad.

Nice! Horatio Caine one liner over here;)

Lol, i guess there's a reason why majority of the posters here are still single...
    We are caught up looking for the 'one' hehehehehe... Does the one really exist? :s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭raptorman

Yes.

Advertisement