Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men-what attracts you to a girl on a night out?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

raptorman wrote: »
    Yes.

I saw him first!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭raptorman

Don't get to excited, the girlfriend gave me the bullet two months ago so I'm probobly not all that!

raptorman wrote: »
    Don't get to excited, the girlfriend gave me the bullet two months ago so I'm probobly not all that!

Ah bullet shmullet. Show me a person with no relationship experience, and I'll show you a person who doesn't know his a*se from his elbow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Warfi wrote: »
    I'll show you a person who doesn't know his a*se from his elbow

Well, if he doesn't know that then he would deserve to get the arse .. eh, sorry, the elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

funkyjebus wrote: »
    I believe you'll find that the correct and technical terms is......boobies:p

I thought it was an Arse:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Warfi wrote: »
    Show me a person with no relationship experience, and I'll show you a person who doesn't know his a*se from his elbow

Agreed, but on the flipside, show me a person (usually girls I have to say) who jumps from one relationship to the other and I'll show you a very insecure person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

JCDUB wrote: »
    Agreed, but on the flipside, show me a person (usually girls I have to say) who jumps from one relationship to the other and I'll show you a very insecure person.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Interesting post!
    What about a few of these questions-
    How many lads prefer blonde or brunette?
    Whats the best way for a girl to dress on a night out?
    What really makes a girl approachable, is it is a girl is on her own at a bar ordering drinks, or sitting with a friend? I take it a girl sitting with a group of girls is difficult to approach
    Is a smile really that important?!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jackthekipper

nicegirl wrote: »
    Interesting post!
    How many lads prefer blonde or brunette?
    Whats the best way for a girl to dress on a night out?
    What really makes a girl approachable, is it is a girl is on her own at a bar ordering drinks, or sitting with a friend? I take it a girl sitting with a group of girls is difficult to approach
    Is a smile really that important?!! :)

Somewhat related, alot of wimmins need to scale back on the make up and the oompa loompa fake tans.

Somewhat related, alot of wimmins need to scale back on the make up and the oompa loompa fake tans.

I agree with you. I go out on nights out, and some girls are orange, and have so much make up on they look ridiculous, not to mention skirts up to their backsides, or their bodies so exposed, I feel like saying to them "Put some clothes on"!!
    Me and my friends look at some of these girls and have a great laugh at how ridiculous they look, its a source of comedy for me and my friends on a night out!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I never liked lipstick and hate the taste of it.

I think women naturally have nice lips as it is.

My favourite for gitls to wear is coconut flavoured lip gloss (cherry too).

It makes lips look good enough to eat and taste like it too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Interesting post!
    How many lads prefer blonde or brunettes?

apparently boys are programmed to be more atttracted to blondes than brunettes because they naturally have more oestrogen :/ even if they like brunettes, theyl be attracted to a higher % of blondes...:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ok..what attracts me to a girl..
    eh, from my rating of myself at 0.5 I'm kinda afraid to say anything so :P

but I will! Eh, not too skinny, re: dress sizes and that I'd say a size 12 is pretty perfect tbh. Natural looking regards the make up, hate that 'glamour' look that some women go for, kinda hard to describe?
    Ehm..if they don't automatically think I'm trying to chat them up and start acting like a complete bítch is a nice one.
    Oh and don't ask me to buy you a drink..It's pretty obvious when you do that you're just using me. If I offer it that's all well and good like but.. yeah

apparently boys are programmed to be more atttracted to blondes than brunettes because they naturally have more oestrogen :/ even if they like brunettes, theyl be attracted to a higher % of blondes...:/

:/ indeed!! Lads, whats the ideal way a girl should dress on a night out? Fill us ladies in!! :)

JCDUB wrote: »

True, but show me a person (usually men) who goes from one night stand to the other and I'll show you a person with STD's.

Looks like nobody's innocent in the battle of the sexes eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Black hair (Or dyed pink or purple), nice smile, not fat, looks like she's having fun, not hangin together drunk, she has great laugh.....

Geek chicks are the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

How many people go out alone?

Like i like to watch soccer matches in a pub and most times i go alone... I am quick to make friends with the next supporter beside me but when i tell my friends this they think i am weird. I wouldn't mind going out on my own but when i mention this to friends male & female they think I'm mad....

I am 24, why is it a big deal?

Oh plus my mates think only prostitutes/loose women go out by themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

MIN2511 wrote: »

Like i like to watch soccer matches in a pub and most times i go alone... I am quick to make friends with the next supporter beside me but when i tell my friends this they think i am weird. I wouldn't mind going out on my own but when i mention this to friends male & female they think I'm mad....

For a pint yeah watching a match grand, but not clubbing. It'd be a tad odd.

Fago_25 wrote: »
    For a pint yeah watching a match grand, but not clubbing. It'd be a tad odd.
    Okay :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭sold

Legs (aka short skirts) and perfume (Kenzo flower for me). Smokers are a total turn off for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I wouldn't mind going out on my own but when i mention this to friends male & female they think I'm mad....

I say go for it, I have also felt tempted to do something like this, if you go out with a group you feel like your stuck with them for the night, but if you were to go out on your own you can wander around yourself doing whatever you want. Would imagine it could get slightly boring however if you didn't manage to find anyone you knew.

But on the subject of what attracts me to women on a night out, there is no point in lying, generally the typical good looking girl, and the very very odd chance that you see a girl you can just tell is a nice girl, the "cute" image as some people are saying. Obviously things such as personality, humour, amount of make up, what they're wearing etc. play big factors on a day to day basis, but if its just a night out - looks is all that matters to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

I go out a fair bit by myself to watch sports (I don't have cable at home), or sometimes to work in a cafe/bar, and I often end up chatting to the people next to me as well. I'm just more careful about how much I drink when I'm solo. And since I'm a girl, I don't go to bars where there are no women at all...because unfortunately it may look like I am "working", or it just feels uncomfortable.

That said, I've met some pretty decent fellas this way. I think it's easier to strike up a random conversation if you like sports. And I'm learning loads about La Liga. :)

But you do raise an interesting point - do men think that women in bars solo are "loose"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

:/ indeed!! Lads, whats the ideal way a girl should dress on a night out? Fill us ladies in!! :)
    dress nicely tbh

I say go for it, I have also felt tempted to do something like this, if you go out with a group you feel like your stuck with them for the night, but if you were to go out on your own you can wander around yourself doing whatever you want. Would imagine it could get slightly boring however if you didn't manage to find anyone you knew.
    It's catch 22 isn't it.... :)
    I go out a fair bit by myself to watch sports (I don't have cable at home), or sometimes to work in a cafe/bar, and I often end up chatting to the people next to me as well. I'm just more careful about how much I drink when I'm solo. And since I'm a girl, I don't go to bars where there are no women at all...because unfortunately it may look like I am "working", or it just feels uncomfortable.

That said, I've met some pretty decent fellas this way. I think it's easier to strike up a random conversation if you like sports. And I'm learning loads about La Liga. :)

But you do raise an interesting point - do men think that women in bars solo are "loose"?
    I know what you mean, i feel the same... I love sports... Just lost my voice watching the United game(Owen scored a hat trick!;))
    That's the kind of person i am, i enjoy my own company:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Fancy a drink some time MIN? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ecstasy will open your eyes.

dress nicely tbh

Ya.....most girls do.
    What I mean is, do lads prefer girls who wear short skirts, short tops etc , or do lads prefer a girl who wears a respectable dress, or nice trousers and a nice top?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well have to be funny, smart and intelligent. You have to have nice shoes and also dress well. A nice top turns me in. They also have to be confident but not too extreme come over to me and approcah me in friendly manner but no cheesy chat up lines there no no. I also like you to buy me a drink to show that you have a big wallet. Also I like if you go back to your friends after you get my number as it shows that you are person who values your friends. Just be yourself but make me laugh.:)

NA FLIP IT i JUST WANT BOOBS AND ASS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ya.....most girls do.
    What I mean is, do lads prefer girls who wear short skirts, short tops etc , or do lads prefer a girl who wears a respectable dress, or nice trousers and a nice top?

I'd say wear what suits you. Short skirts if you have the legs for it, low cut top if you have the assets but not if it draws attention to a bigger belly!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

A friendly girl who isn't up her own @rse and smiley and chatty is always good.

Looks wise, a nice pair of legs.

Kold wrote: »
    Ecstasy will open your eyes.
    How?
    Never taken drugs in my life(smoked a joint/2) but not keen...
    Anyways, how's E gonna open your eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Fill us ladies in!! :)

weh weh weh.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭raptorman

I go to pubs on my own and usually end up chatting to someone. I've met some crazy punters in my time!
    I went to a club recently on my own and had a savage night! Got a load of attention from the ladies and pulled an absolute stunner!
    Although I didnt set out to go out, just went to my local and at closing decided feck it, why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Ya.....most girls do.

For me it would be a happy medium. Don't dress like a nun, but don't have a skirt up to your butt cheeks either.

Look at the two girls here - they are hot, but they're not dressed slutty. Perfect.

I would never approach a girl dressed like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

E may open your eyes but it will turn any girl away...seeing ya chew d face off yourself...not so attractive!!! plus if ya do get lucky and score ya cant do anything else after!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement