Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just thought I'd share this with you on here...

• 06-12-2009 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

...cos I told my family but they didn't seem to appreciate it the way the lovely people on this forum might ;)

I have a cold at the moment and am sneezing a lot. My cat Lulu has started saying "bless you"! (Well not literally, obviously, but she gives a little quiet miaow every time after I sneeze!!) It's so bloody cute!!! :D Love her to bits :D

Any other cute human-like-behaviour displayed by your pets you'd like to share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

when i sneeze i nearly bring the house down, so when i do the puppies just look at me as if to say "where the heck did that noise come from"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Our cat "talks" chirps and meows constantly, one day my boyfriend came into the room closely followed by the cat, who sat down on his foot. He leaned down to the cat and said "Nero, what do you say when you hurt yourself?" To which Nero replied meooooow :p He does it the whole time now, it really sounds like the most painful Ow the way he does it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

...cos I told my family but they didn't seem to appreciate it the way the lovely people on this forum might ;)

I have a cold at the moment and am sneezing a lot. My cat Lulu has started saying "bless you"! (Well not literally, obviously, but she gives a little quiet miaow every time after I sneeze!!) It's so bloody cute!!! :D Love her to bits :D

Any other cute human-like-behaviour displayed by your pets you'd like to share?

your cat is probably saying "I hope I don't catch what you have"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

CamperMan wrote: »
    your cat is probably saying "I hope I don't catch what you have"

or "I hope your going to wash your hands before stroking me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

it is really cute when cats do things like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Yeah, I've started to detect a faint tone of irritation in her voice, as though she's saying "Again?" ;)

My other cat, like Spadina's, you can almost have a full conversation with. Pretty much any time you'll say something directly to her, she'll miaow in response, though with different tones in different scenarios - I'm sure she means something by it! Would LOVE to be able to understand her! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Yeah, I've started to detect a faint tone of irritation in her voice, as though she's saying "Again?" ;)

My other cat, like Spadina's, you can almost have a full conversation with. Pretty much any time you'll say something directly to her, she'll miaow in response, though with different tones in different scenarios - I'm sure she means something by it! Would LOVE to be able to understand her! :rolleyes:

ye, would be nice, our cat is the same.. loves to "talk"

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Callie

Not a human-like behaviour, more like a dog but still very cute...

Our kitten plays fetch - Every time I throw a little rubber ball she runs after it and brings it back in her mouth. She then drops it in my hand and waits for me to throw it again - she could do it for hours!

Advertisement