Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difference between popcorn hour A-110 and Kaiboer K100 \ K200

• 07-12-2009 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

Ok, backstory:- Im going to a wedding soon and as a present im going to get the couple a media player as the groom loves my A110 and also my xtreamer.
    I was going to just go and buy an A110 and fit a spare 1TB drive I have into it as I think the A110 is far better quality than the xtreamer and as he is a noob its slightly more user friendly.

So i go onto popcornhour.es just to check prices and it seems they have 2 new products the Kaiboer K200 and K100 as well as the old A110. After reading a small synopsis on the home page I cant really tell the difference between the K100 and the A110 (apart from the cool remote!) yet the K100 is 40euro cheaper, even though on the product summary it says
    NMT K100 is an enhaced version of the popular PopCorn Hour A-110 model, with DTS 5.1 output and silent fan for powerfull chip Sigma SMP-8635C

Does anybody here have any knowledge as to why the K100 is cheaper, and also have any idiot proof comparisons between the A110 K100 and K200 without having to read through the mind boggling data sheets?

Cheers.

EDIT:-

Ok kinda found the answer to my question....I think.

The K100 doesnt support internal drives only external via USB or esata, whereas the K200 does. I still dont know the difference between the K200 and the A110 though and seeing as though they are the same price id like to find out obviously.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Syabas who make the PCH A110 etc. license their technology to other OEMs, such as Kaliboer, eGreat and iSTAR to name but a few. All are pretty much the same as the A110 with some extra connnectivity thrown in. Firmware updates and support is always better with the PCH (iSTAR have stopped issuing new firmware for example). So to play safe, I'd get a PCH.

MT

Advertisement