Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble at Hamilton vs Hearts...

• 07-12-2009 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if this has been posted already, but there was a bit of trouble in the tunnel after the match, police got involved and 3 people recieved red cards for whatever happened.

Can't find any video evidence... anyone got some?

Story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/8398154.stm
    The Scottish FA plans to investigate the chaotic scenes in the tunnel at Hamilton's New Douglas Park where three players received red cards.

Referee David Somers sent off Hearts captain Michael Stewart and team-mate Ismael Bouzid during the game.

Then Hearts pair Suso Santana and Ian Black, and Hamilton's Leon Knight were red-carded after a melee in the tunnel.

An SFA statement promises "a full investigation into events" that occurred after Hamilton's 2-1 win.

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo was jostled during the fracas and said afterwards: "I was never involved in a worse finish than this in all my career.

"Even in the tunnel, I came in and I was pushed left and right."

Accies secured maximum points in an ill-tempered encounter but emotions continued to run high as the players and coaching staff on both sides made their way up the tunnel.

Hamilton boss Billy Reid, however, sought to play down the incident.

"I didn't see anything. I was out here, shaking hands with every player as they came off the park," he said.

"I was walking down the tunnel and there was a melee, but that happens so many times.

"I don't have anything to say about that - the most important thing is we took the three points and we deserved it."

Hearts were fined £50,000 in August by the Scottish Football Association for their poor disciplinary record in the 2008/09 campaign, the fifth consecutive season they have been punished.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"I didn't see anything. I was out here, shaking hands with every player as they came off the park," he said.

"I was walking down the tunnel and there was a melee, but that happens so many times."

Man sounds like the Arsene Wenger of Scottish football!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

that actually wasnt a bad match to watch, normally i can stand the spl! didnt hear bout ne troube tho

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Were any of them playing for Dundalk last season?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

the referee was terrible,gave hearts nothing,it's the fault of hearts owner romanov an absolute nut job,he has critised the spl,referee's and other clubs over and over,the club has been fined over and over,for this reason is why the team is always being harshly treated by ref's and the players are loseing there head with some of the decisions given against them the last 2 seasons,also they were made sell 12 first team squad players and brought in 6 free transfer player's,the club is in turmoil and the sooner this nutter romanov goes the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

i think i heard on sky sport news yesterday that they now have had 18 red cards in the last season and a half

• Advertisement
Advertisement