Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting MMA

Options
  • 07-12-2009 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Im considering starting training in MMA and Im just wondering has anyone any advice for me.

Im about 5'11 and about 80 - 85 kg but Im after putting a lot of flab on over the past year or so so I'd say I could drop maybe 10kg. I trained in boxing for a short period and consider myself to have a pretty good understanding of the game.

The only thing really on my mind is I have crohn's disease which might affect training somewhat. Although I remember hearing of a UFC fighter who has the same thing and he seems to be doing pretty well if he's gotten to that level

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Get stuck in and have a go. If your location is still current you'll find lots of good clubs within spitting distance of Ballyfermot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

Any recommendations regarding clubs?

A fella that went to school with the OH trains in jackie skellys I was gonna go see him just to get a feel for it first

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

where are you currently based?

then people can give better advise, also what jackie skellys and who is it?

i used to do some in jackie skellys and dont know anyone else who done MMA there!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement