Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary disabled badge?

• 07-12-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys,
    Not sure if there is such a thing but is it possible to apply for a Disabled badge for a car on a temporary basis?
    My Dad just got a hip replacement and there were a few complications after the surgery. Anyway long story short, he will be slow at walking for a few months and can't drive for 3 months. My mum will be taxing him everywhere. Can we apply for a disabled badge for those few months?

He will probably not need it that much, as he will be tired for a while, but anything to make his rehab easier.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need to talk to the Irish Wheelchair Association or the Disabled Drivers Association. They are the only organisations that can issue them. I think both have websites.

Advertisement