Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 open tray problem

• 07-12-2009 5:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

anyone ever get this problem? you put in a game and the the dashboard just offers to let you open and close the tray like there is no disc in it?

every disc, regardless of condition, games and dvds alike. started last week, happening more and more frequently no. eventually works after a lot of resetting and a few "callibrated taps"

anyone got the full story on this error?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

mawk wrote: »
    anyone ever get this problem? you put in a game and the the dashboard just offers to let you open and close the tray like there is no disc in it?

every disc, regardless of condition, games and dvds alike. started last week, happening more and more frequently no. eventually works after a lot of resetting and a few "callibrated taps"

Call xbox support 1 800 509 186 there is a solution to it.
    By deleting your xbox cache and setting the xbox to instead of going to your dashboard it starts the game automatically.
    Supposedly it fixes it although ive never tried it. When it happened to me i tried changing the drive and it wasnt the same type so it just didnt work.

Note to all try all solutions before taking apart your xbox because if you do your boned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

mawk wrote: »

Chances are a replacement drive will solve the problem, Is it still under warranty? if not, there are people on Boards that'll fit a replacement for you for a good price.

Chances are a replacement drive will solve the problem, Is it still under warranty? if not, there are people on Boards that'll fit a replacement for you for a good price.

Has to be the same firmware xbox DVD drive or it wont work and will think its just a dvd player.
    Normally the Xbox dvd drive not working is a software issue which can be solved easily.
    As I said in the above post call xbox support on 1800 509 186.
    Trust me exhaust all options before getting someone who is self qualified to mess with it.

Evolute wrote: »
    Has to be the same firmware xbox DVD drive or it wont work and will think its just a dvd player.

No sh*t, Sherlock!

I know that.

I've changed drives a good few times so i'm aware of the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

playing a music cd for 5mins always works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

No sh*t, Sherlock!

I know that.

I've changed drives a good few times so i'm aware of the process.

think his post was aimed at informing the op

mukki wrote: »
    think his post was aimed at informing the op

Maybe, he was quoting me though, that usually means he's referring to me.

Never mind though anyway... it's all good :)

Maybe, he was quoting me though, that usually means he's referring to me.

Never mind though anyway... it's all good :)

It wasnt aimed at you specifically it was just a friendly notation for everyone:)

Advertisement