Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banks and dollars....

Options
  • 07-12-2009 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Went to Halifax on Saturday morning to get some dollars. I was told "we don't do dollars". :( my first disappointment with Halifax.
    I then spent an hour trying to find a bureau de change on a saturday. Ended up having to go to the airport.
    while inthe airport there is a multi-currency ATM. USD/EUR/GBP. well I put in my VISA debit card, and the only option was for euro cash withdrawal or pin change. No USD or GBP options. So I went to the counter. ah well. at least I could pay the transaction using my visa debit card. not ideal.
    I would have thought there would be a bureau de change in a few places. Dundrum shopping centre (one of the biggest in the country) has none. althought they told me they would take dollars and sell euro, but not any other way. which is fair enough, who would want to buy anything other than euro in a dublin shopping centre. still... Airport is the only man it seems. least it was opened afetr 4pm on a saturday afternoon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Well why would someone go to Dundrum shopping centre and buy US dollars?? I hardly see a demand for it..

Surprising Halifax dont do Dollars, was it just dollars or they dont have or was it any foreign currencies??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I cant see halifax opening a currency exchange. There was talk of it about 2years ago but it was not done.

I think the reason there is no currency exchange in dundrum is the is not a high demand for it. If there was there would be company's fighting to get in. The majority of people shopping there are Irish with euros.

Advertisement