Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - 22nd June O2, 23rd Odyssey -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options
  • 07-12-2009 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/

There it is on the right hand side. Clicking the link says nothing at all bout the gigs, but they there. What a start to the day. "Back of the net!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

According to Phantom Fm they're playing the O2 June 22nd and The Odyssey Belfast June 23rd. Tickets onsale Friday morning.

:eek:

....shall I start queuing now???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

omg, i've no money :/

/me going to tell the gf what i want for christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fracture wrote: »
    omg, i've no money :/

/me going to tell the gf what i want for christmas!

Know the feeling all too well. Dunno how I'll get by with it...but I will!

any idea who is opening for them?

Haha, let the gigs be officially announced first. Say someone from Hard Rock Calling will do it. Although in saying that, last time it was Wolfmother for the tour, but Dublin got Paddy Casey for some bizarre reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Well, nobodys going to be getting any presents from me this year. I've pj tickets to buy now. Oh i'm so excited. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

pretty crushed this is being announced now and not after Christmas......

absolutely smashed now, stretched to get tickets for Metallica and Machine Head, and have had most of my Christmas soclialising already.......so sick with a rotten headache (no not a hangover) and now thinking I'm gonna miss Pearl Jam again.....no doubt this will sell out rapidly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzing news.

:D Doesn't matter who's opening, will be buying if i can!!

NIBBS wrote: »
    pretty crushed this is being announced now and not after Christmas......

absolutely smashed now, stretched to get tickets for Metallica and Machine Head, and have had most of my Christmas soclialising already.......so sick with a rotten headache (no not a hangover) and now thinking I'm gonna miss Pearl Jam again.....no doubt this will sell out rapidly

When was last time ya saw Metallica? I know thats indoors, but rid yourself of that ticket for this:D My friend slagging me for not buying Metallica cos said this tour was probable, she called me an idiot, I say smart right now!

Mushy wrote: »
    but Dublin got Paddy Casey for some bizarre reason.

People listening to Paddy Casey is bad enough let alone opening for Pearl Jam, i can't stand him or his 'music'.

• Advertisement

Fracture wrote: »
    People listening to Paddy Casey is bad enough let alone opening for Pearl Jam, i can't stand him or his 'music'.

SO few people watched him. We're adament he was called up asking did he want to support while watching Corrie the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Didn’t someone from his band walk off during the set?

Brutal choice as an opening act for PJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

I suspect the concert promoters were being tight *****. Paddy Casey was an extremely bad choice as support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

It's not listed on O2 Blueroom or PJ's site but I'm sure it will be soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would love to go but too close to Rock Werchter. Hopefully they will be playing at that also.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I would love to go but too close to Rock Werchter. Hopefully they will be playing at that also.

Its been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Tickets for The O2 from €59.80
    Tickets for The Odyssey from £41.50

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Tickets for The O2 from €59.80
    Tickets for The Odyssey from £41.50

So PJ get same fee per gig. Odyssey is smaller than O2, so promoters make less money on this, as it is ridculously cheaper. I thought the PJ one in dublin would be the €45-€50 bracket. Paying off the debts of the venue the customers are too...beautiful!

Its been confirmed.

Rock Werchter?

£41.50 = €45.80 approx. :rolleyes:

We can assume these prices are both general admission, unless they're doing what's being done at D***d G**y's gig in the O2, which is to charge less for seats at the back of the venue than they charge for standing tickets.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Advertisement

So PJ get same fee per gig. Odyssey is smaller than O2, so promoters make less money on this, as it is ridculously cheaper. I thought the PJ one in dublin would be the €45-€50 bracket. Paying off the debts of the venue the customers are too...beautiful!

Mush if I was hittin Metallica alone I'd really consider selling the ticket - but can't let mates down.....

as for the PJ ticket prices - something doesn't add up......
    take Peter Kay tickets as an example - Odyssey prices £38 and O2 price is 44 Euros

so the 15 Euro difference for PJ tickets is rotten........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Rock Werchter?

Yep, confirmed for Werchter http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/lineup/index.aspx

playa3 wrote: »
    Awesome awesome awesome

If tickets go on sale Friday, then usually O2 Blueroom tickets go on sale 2 days before on the Wednesday. If that's the case, 10 Club members should get a shot at tickets the day before O2 Blueroom, which would be tomorrow so I'd imagine 10 Club will be making an announcement soonish.

NIBBS wrote: »
    Mush if I was hittin Metallica alone I'd really consider selling the ticket - but can't let mates down.....

as for the PJ ticket prices - something doesn't add up......
    take Peter Kay tickets as an example - Odyssey prices £38 and O2 price is 44 Euros

so the 15 Euro difference for PJ tickets is rotten........

Its not as if PJ have an extravagent show to be transporting around. Something not quite right bout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

We're always getting screwed over on ticket prices, sure the Prodigy is like 50 here and £33 in Belfast

The reason is...insurance. It's a lot more expensive in the Republic than in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

JJ wrote: »
    The reason is...insurance. It's a lot more expensive in the Republic than in the North.

What, that makes no sense. How so? Venue Insurance or PJ's own liability?

Its not the insurance, if anything it is promotors taking way too much money.

MCD were in the papers a few weeks ago and expences were shown.

JJ is right - they always wheel the insurance excuse out, and quote figures to back it up. However, I can't help but think it's just a convenient excuse 'cos they know the average disgruntled concertgoer isn't an industry expert and can't start picking holes in their story.

Also, they used the insurance line when we had the old Point, so it doesn't change the fact that with the O2's increased capacity, ticket prices should be falling. As Mushy said earlier, this is tantamount to the consumer paying off the debts of the new venue, a venue that as yet has no car park or convenient drop-off point for wheelchair users.

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »

I know I've been told about the insurance think before - but is there really that much difference between Event type insurance - for example is it only Insurance related to concerts ???
    Clearly there's no huge difference with a comedy show.....but a 25% increase in the ticket price just down to insurance - seems excessive, have looked at other concerts and The Prodigy is £38 in the Odyssey and 49 here, doesnt add up really......

Advertisement