Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - 22nd June O2, 23rd Odyssey -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

where would be best to go for a few pints before the gig and near enough to the o2?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

harr wrote: »
    where would be best to go for a few pints before the gig and near enough to the o2?

Located beside the new O2 Arena in Dublin's docklands, The Green Room Bar is Dublin's finest piano bar, offering all the comforts of a modern wine and piano bar in the heart of Dublin's entertainment district. It is the closest bar to the O2 for a pint after and before a concert. The Green Room boasts a new bar, off license, out door smoking area and lounge, where guests can enjoy wine purchased from the off license in comfort and style.

http://www.thegreenroombar.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

looks good,thanks for that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Finished the LC today.

PJ tomorrow! Can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 autographs

Seen Pearl Jam leaving The Merrion Hotel earlier on. They got on one of the band busses and put their guitars in the boot, so I presume they are gone for a rehersal for tomorrow nights show in the 02.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

autographs wrote: »
    Seen Pearl Jam leaving The Merrion Hotel earlier on. They got on one of the band busses and put their guitars in the boot, so I presume they are gone for a rehersal for tomorrow nights show in the 02.
    Oh..Did u get their autographs??..Was thinkin they'd be doing that this evening alright ..full run through for the European tour..was going to head down and try and blag in but too knackered from work..
    NO STALKING them at the hotel..want them in top form for tomorrow night:pac::pac::pac::p:p:p

Today is the day lads. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Can anyone tell me if Pearl Jam played the Point in 1995? The first gig I ever went to was to see them there, and I was convinced it was '95, but I can only find a listing for a gig in '96 which I'm positive I missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

First time going to see them tonight, I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone who hasn't seen them live before, they usually play about 25 songs. Usually 2 encores, with 3 or 4 songs in each.

Oh yeah, if you hear "booing", it's not booing - it's Booming, for Boom Gaspar on keyboards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

For anyone who hasn't seen them live before, they usually play about 25 songs. Usually 2 encores, with 3 or 4 songs in each.

Oh yeah, if you hear "booing", it's not booing - it's Booming, for Boom Gaspar on keyboards.

Oh I have all the dvd's I know the score :) Happy Pearl Jam day everyone!

Just in case you weren't already in the mood....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

Still some tickets left on Ticketmaster for the show tonight. Wish I was able to go. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Yeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss!!

Todays the day.

(And tomorrow!!)

Ya%20Dancer.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

First time going to see them tonight, I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid you'll have to.

was just o n ticketmaster there and there are indeed tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Excellent pre gig shindig in The Sub last night. Great acoustic set from Pearl Jem, really got me in the mood. Gonna be epic tonight, they always are. See all ya folks there.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Hey,
    Cant wait for tonight!! For anyone who doesnt know, there are more tickets released on ticketmaster and loads on toutless for anyone who hasnt got their tickets just yet...roll on !!! i cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

humanji wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if Pearl Jam played the Point in 1995? The first gig I ever went to was to see them there, and I was convinced it was '95, but I can only find a listing for a gig in '96 which I'm positive I missed.

I don't think they played in 1995. They were on the bill with Neil Young in Slane in 1993. They definitely played the Point in 1996, 'cos No Code had been released, and as far as I know, that was the time they played Millstreet as well. Then they were in The Point again June 2000 (which was released as part of the official bootleg series and includes Eddie's comment that they'd released two albums since they'd last played here). The last time was for the eponymous album, and now the two gigs this week. :D
    I think that's it.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Didn't they play Dublin in 1995 as part of "Neil Jam", when all of PJ except Eddie played with Neil Young in support of the "Mirror Ball" album?

On another note, on Sunday afternoon I met Mike McCready walking down Grafton St with his wife and kids. Very nice guy, stopped and chatted for a few minutes. Was a cracking hot day so I'm sure he thought Dublin was lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Met Eddie & Mike last night :), got a guitar pick from Ed & a tooth pick from Mike hahaha
    Had a great night at the shindig in O'Reilly's, fair play to Jenny for organizing the event,can't wait for tonight :))))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

spaceboy wrote: »
    Met Eddie & Mike last night :), got a guitar pick from Ed & a tooth pick from Mike hahaha
    Had a great night at the shindig in O'Reilly's, fair play to Jenny for organizing the event,can't wait for tonight :))))

Jammy git ;)

glad to hear the O'Reillys thing went well, had intended going but have a poxy stomach bug at the minute, so had to stay in last night and make sure I was ok for tonight........can't believe in a few hours I'll finally get to see them live.....
    just have a stupid big grin on my face now for the rest of the day......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Didn't they play Dublin in 1995 as part of "Neil Jam", when all of PJ except Eddie played with Neil Young in support of the "Mirror Ball" album?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And with good reason. It was a dreadful gig, primarily due to the terrible venue. Twenty-five minutes of Scenery didn't help matters either. At least Neil came back the following year with Crazy Horse and redeemed himself in the Point.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Any idea what time PJ will be on stage anyone?

Thanks

8:45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Day is Draaaaaaggging in.......... Role on 8:46

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

8.45 and not 9pm? Thanks for the tip. Would've missed the first 15 minutes otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Hell yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

spaceboy wrote: »

Nice one!!! How did you end up meeting the boys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Brilliant gig. One of the best times I've seen em. In Great form they were. Appears that somebody fell over the balcony into the sound desk area at the end. An ambulance was on is way in as we left. Hope he's ok...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

Brilliant gig. One of the best times I've seen em. In Great form they were. Appears that somebody fell over the balcony into the sound desk area at the end. An ambulance was on is way in as we left. Hope he's ok...

Yeah bummer ending to a brilliant gig; I was pretty close to the sound desk area - didn't see it happening but I figured someone fell off the balcony..please god they'll be ok..

Advertisement