Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - 22nd June O2, 23rd Odyssey -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

thought last night was great. the setlist had a good mix of all albums. would have loved to hear black or indifference though. the only problem i have was with a guy beside me. his wife was pregnant and every time any person came near her he viciously through them to the side. fair enough i understand she is pregnant but we were right up at the stage surely this is the wrong place for a pregnant woman obviously she was goin to get bumped into :mad: but still it wasnt possible to put a downer on a night like that :D
    I heard about this lot too, it totally ruined some peoples night!
    Did Eddie and Mike show up to OReillys?
    Haha, no, I don't think so! We did have a bit of a sing-along though (thanks to all that made it!) :)

I'm just back from the Belfast gig! Didn't top Dublin for me, but I think I'm on my own on that one. Sound was bad, couldn't really hear Mike a whole lot (yesterday, we couldn't hear Stone at all). We were quite near the back, and there were a lot of people standing about like they were waiting for a bus - the group I was with made up for it though, we all danced like mofo's! Still brilliant fun though, top 5 out of the 18 for me. Off to bed now for a day off before hitting London on Friday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Does anybody else think the Belfast setlist kicks the sh!t out of the Dublin one? Pretty annoyed I didn't make the trek up!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Just back from the Belfast gig. Wow... amazing!!!!
    I thought the Dublin Crowd where better & louder but the setlist last night was far better than Dublin & the band themselves where much better.
    Tremor Christ!... No Way!!! Present Tense!!! Jeremy!!! just brilliant.
    Ed was in great form also, telling us not to jump from the balcony because that was his job :). The Brendan O'Brien birthday greeting was great :),amongst the waves been dedicated to a newly married couple, who had their reception at the gig! hahaha how cool is that.
    Eddie then noticed 2 girls making out in the seated area, he was staring & smiling at them for a while before saying "I see you making out" hahaha the man is a legend :)
    So many highlights to remember, brilliant gig & for me it topped the Dublin gig. Really hope it's not another 4 year wait before they return.
    Best band in the world by a considerable distance.
    Viva Pearl Jam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Does anybody else think the Belfast setlist kicks the sh!t out of the Dublin one? Pretty annoyed I didn't make the trek up!

Yeah agreed, I was looking forward to at least hearing one of State of Love and Trust, Save You, Black, or RearViewMirror, and Belfast got them all!!!!

Doesn't take away from the Dublin gig though...........defo gonna try buy both of them on CD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

SOLAT, Present Tense and Save You were ****in brilliant! SOLAT especially is one of my favourite songs so I'm really happy I made the trek up even just for that. Played well passed the curfew til 11:20 too but they went on a bit later and Eddie did say he had to make up for the time spent wishing happy birthday to Brendan O Brien:pac:

Not sure which show I'd say was better. Belfast had the better setlist imo but I was much closer the front and had great fun at Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Good gig (Dublin), wasn't mad about the setlist but it was still quite enjoyable. The sound in the O2 seems really hit and miss at times though.

Does anyone know when/if they'll be releasing the bootlegs for these gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Creature wrote: »
    Does anyone know when/if they'll be releasing the bootlegs for these gigs?

PJ started touring in the US on 1st May and the official bootlegs began to be made available from mid-May so it may take about 2 weeks before we get the official bootlegs for the Irish gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Really enjoyed Dublin, and didn't make it for Belfast but just had a feeling coming from the O2 gig that the Belfast gig would represent all of their albums - you lucky Belfast sods!

The O2 gig was my third Republic Pearl Jam gig. Just wish they'd play some Riot Act down here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

drove up from dublin last night to see them in belfast. Worth every penny. I was sat at the back but funnily enough i could hear everything clearly. Mike was in great form though he was bouncing all over the place haha. The setlist was everything i hoped it would be though i really wanted to hear love boat captain... Ah well just had to settle for a pretty awesome setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Belfast set list looks much better than the Dublin one - Leash, Animal, SOLAT, Rearviewmirror... I'd trade anything from the last few albums to hear those ones. Still, they played them (or some of them) in 2006 so I suppose it was good to hear different stuff. And Belfast didn't get the new song - or did they??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Belfast set list looks much better than the Dublin one - Lease, Animal, SOLAT, Rearviewmirror... I'd trade anything from the last few albums to hear those ones. Still, they played them (or some of them) in 2006 so I suppose it was good to hear different stuff. And Belfast didn't get the new song - or did they??

I'd gladly trade the new song for SOLAT, they can have the Joe Strummer one while they're at it :P Dublin was amazing though, I just wish I wasn't so broke and could afford to make it to more (if not all) of the Euro shows, half them aren't even sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Fiftysix wrote: »
    The great thing about pearl jam is that they have such and extensive back catalogue of awesome songs they don't rely on the "old favourites" (metallica have played enter sandman each of the 5 times i have seen them).

Alive = Sandman
    Yellow Ledbetter = Seek and Destroy

Dammit, Belfast sounds like it was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Set list for Belfast looks amazing! But I can't complain about Dublin, Long Road was one I really wanted to hear, and Down. The others that I went with only kinda knew the songs from Ten and Vs but they all still really enjoyed it and well they got their fair share of Ten anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I Hope Eddie gets away with sneaking a smoke in the Odyessy during Evenflow! hehehe ;)

Funny enough as good as the Belfast set list was, when I got back and seen the Dublin set list I wished I was at it too!!! so many good songs! and lets face it I don't think PJ can put on a bad show!

I didn't think it was Mike's guitar that was too low, I thought it was Stone's he was hard to hear through out the gig, and Eddie's vocals were V low! but towards the end he appolagised and said his voice had been recovering from , eh.....well jet lag he said, despite been in Dublin since at least Sunday,

Brilliant gig overall, V wild crowd, I thought the band took note of this and slowed things down after The Fixer and also Eddie kept saying take care of each other out there, and pick up anyone who falls!

Seeing them again tomorrow in London!!! Can't wait!!!!
    Only tune on my Wishlist:D is IN MY TREE!!! (fingers crossed!!!) :)

BTW does anybody know why the people in the Odyssey take your full ticket off you on the way in???, I asked for it back and the guy said get it on the way out, very strange! they were giving random tickets out at the end to whoever wanted one, I can't think of any benefit to this, anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

tracert wrote: »
    Alive = Sandman
    Yellow Ledbetter = Seek and Destroy

Dammit, Belfast sounds like it was amazing!
    Iv been to 5 shows and only got alive 3 times and yellow ledbetter twice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

They done a pretty cool thing for Brendan O'Brien's (producer) 60th B-Day.

According to Wikipedia he's only 49!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_O%27Brien_(music_producer)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Dublin was good. Stayed a bit back and enjoyed the music. The sound was excellent but the set list didn't hit with me as much as 06 or London 09. Still a great gig as always though. Missed most of Ben Harper though.

Belfast was fantastic. I was 1 person away from the barrier right in front of Mike at the start but when they really kicked I ended up a few people back and more centred so great view the whole time. The crowd up front were very aggressive, few people treating it like a Slayer gig. Almost fell over a few times but kept my balance. Ben Harper was excellent glad I didn't miss him again.

The Belfast gig was much better for me. Wish I was heading on to London and everywhere else. Stupid life getting in the way.

See ya all at the next one.

And a nice Mike pick as a souvenier. :D

It was for his 50th not 60th. Which is next week. Was really cool. Would love to see the video, I was dead center about 5 deep in the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Opp's my bad putting an extra 10 years onto Brendan,
    yeah I guess Wiki hasn't updated it yet, he was born in 1960 so that would make him 50,

Yeah I agree the crowd in Belfast were a little much at times, it was almost like some of them weren't even listening to the band, just screaming and bashing into people! ah well I still had a great time!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Loved the Dublin show. Amazing setlist, perfect mix between old and new for me. The smile on my SPongebob t-shirt says it all. Sound was perfect for me, bout halfway between sound desk and Eddie, so bang in middle.

Disappointed I had to sell my Belfast ticket, looks amazing setlist too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Amazing,and I mean amazing show last night in Belfast. I danced the whole way thru it and loved every minute of it. Thankfully they played "Black" so my GF was a happy bunny too.
    Dunno what else to say,IMO it was hands down the best of the 5 times Ive seen them and thought the setlist was a graet mix of old and new,couldnt have made the setlist any better if i had done it myself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rossdoc81

Just back from belfast and dublin. Dublin was terrible, fifth time I've seen them and the worst by a mile. The setlist was so bad, the crowd were really up for it but PJ kept killing the atmosphere with bad/weird songs. I was so disappointed.

Belfast was amazing, setlist was wicked, Mike in real good form, Eddie going mental, crowd not as good as the point though. Crazy mary was the highlight with the mad mike/boom solo thing, and black was so cool.

Id put it at no3 after point 2000, and reading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

That was my 4th PJ show (Dublin) and I didnt mind them not playing Black or Jeremy, Ive heard them at the previous 3 shows. Quite enjoyed hearing a setlist with so much variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Video I took from the last night! First Pearl Jam gig, and I'm hooked. All I can think about is every the next one is coming from. I having serious withdrawal symptoms!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

MrGarak wrote: »
    The sound engineers at the O2 are pure muck. I was up in the seating area and Ciaran500 explains it exactly as I found it:

I was in block P. It was the same the last time I was in the O2 for Megadeth except I was standing for that, will take something special for me to go back to the O2 again thats for sure! Still can't fault Pearl Jam though they were animal.

The Sound Engineers at The Point would have been Pearl Jam's own guys, NOT in house guys

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

jenno86 wrote: »
    Video I took from the last night! First Pearl Jam gig, and I'm hooked. All I can think about is every the next one is coming from. I having serious withdrawal symptoms!

Itching for the download of the gig. This one will be played endlessly, especially Betterman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

BTW does anybody know why the people in the Odyssey take your full ticket off you on the way in???, I asked for it back and the guy said get it on the way out, very strange! they were giving random tickets out at the end to whoever wanted one, I can't think of any benefit to this, anybody?

I'm not sure what the exact layout is like in the Odyssey but the only possible reason I can think of is that it prevents people with standing tickets sneaking them over to friends in the seated area so they can get into the standing area. I might be wrong on this but that's my theory.

JJ wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the exact layout is like in the Odyssey but the only possible reason I can think of is that it prevents people with standing tickets sneaking them over to friends in the seated area so they can get into the standing area. I might be wrong on this but that's my theory.

I was just asked to flash my ticket or wristband and walked through. Noone took my ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Loved every minute other night in Dublin..they could have played anything thou..was in hero worship mode:p

Once into The Fixer into Why Go into Corduroy was stunning.. Amongst the Waves.. loved it ..incredible vocal from Eddie..

We were between Eddie and Stone about 8 rows from barrier for most and then pushed forward to be greeted by a 6'4" terminator clone and his missus who decided nobody was getting passed so got an elbow in the face before being helped over his head by all the fun lovin people behind us:P thanks u know who u are:D

Have seen em from Slane to RDS with Neil Young and through to the Point shows and they seemed genuinely the most in awe of the reaction this time and kudos to everyone for making it SOOOOO LOUD:D

Only regret is not goin to Belfast..WOW..what a setlist u got:eek:..will learn for the next time..hopefully VERY Soon:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

God dam it, I knew I should have gone looking for one... I didn't see them being handed out. I really wanted one, just for my ticket wall :o

Don't suppose anyone has any spares? :o

Advertisement