Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - 22nd June O2, 23rd Odyssey -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

JJ is right - they always wheel the insurance excuse out, and quote figures to back it up. However, I can't help but think it's just a convenient excuse 'cos they know the average disgruntled concertgoer isn't an industry expert and can't start picking holes in their story.

Also, they used the insurance line when we had the old Point, so it doesn't change the fact that with the O2's increased capacity, ticket prices should be falling. As Mushy said earlier, this is tantamount to the consumer paying off the debts of the new venue, a venue that as yet has no car park or convenient drop-off point for wheelchair users.

Well I can pick plenty. For starters, you don't have to buy insurance in ireland, you can go through Lloyds of London (teh main marketplace for insurance in the UK), therefore giving yourself the same quotes that would be recieved if the point was located in the North. There is no added exposure with the point as appose to the odyssey.

In addition they don't buy insurance on a concert to concert basis and would insure the point for all possible events in the year. Therefore if it is the insurance cost it would be spread equally across all events in the year, but as we know the variance percentage differs between event (eg; The Prodigy)

There is no way this could be down to insurance. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Wow, I certainly caused a lot of kerfuffle. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong but the price for PJ's O2 gig isn't too bad considering the price of tickets for recent music legend gigs and PJ do have a history of keeping ticket prices as low as possible and generally looking after their fans as best they can.

JJ wrote: »
    Wow, I certainly caused a lot of kerfuffle. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong but the price for PJ's O2 gig isn't too bad considering the price of tickets for recent music legend gigs and PJ do have a history of keeping ticket prices as low as possible and generally looking after their fans as best they can.

Kerfuffle - I love that word:cool:

There is no doubt in my mind that PJ did all they could to get those prices as low as possible, and are the least likley of all involved to have had a hand in a ROI ticket price hike for this gig.

Can wait. I'd pay €100 to see PJ again

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Kerfuffle - I love that word:cool:

There is no doubt in my mind that PJ did all they could to get those prices as low as possible, and are the least likley of all involved to have had a hand in a ROI ticket price hike for this gig.

Can wait. I'd pay €100 to see PJ again

Amen...but don't say that last sentence too loudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I really want to go to this, money's a serious issue though... Any ideas on whether it will sell out? If so, I may have to wire some funds to my account sharpish!

• Advertisement

Not much is selling out these days. I think their last gig sold out so fast because the only UK dates they did were festivals and some (travelling) fans wanted to see them do their own show so they came to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Definitly going to this, got my O2 priority code ready :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Definitly going to this, got my O2 priority code ready :)

Where you get the code? My mate is waiting for it to get me some tickets, will be much needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Cannot wait for this, fingers crossed I'll get sorted for tickets on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Mushy wrote: »
    Where you get the code? My mate is waiting for it to get me some tickets, will be much needed.

up on www.o2blueroom.ie chances are he'll get a text about them tomorrow anyway

• Advertisement

grimm2005 wrote: »
    up on www.o2blueroom.ie chances are he'll get a text about them tomorrow anyway

Yeah he got it all sorted thankfully. Cant wait now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lil*lady

Just before Christmas... hmmm, need to raise funds quickly...

Will swap one "well conditioned" liver for a Pearl Jam ticket. :D

Aw yay. Excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

THE Best Christmas Present EVERRRRRRRRRRRR:D:D:D:D:D:D:D..Its Been WAAAAAYYYY TOOOOOOOOO Long ..Cant Fooking WAIT:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

JJ wrote: »
    Not much is selling out these days. I think their last gig sold out so fast because the only UK dates they did were festivals and some (travelling) fans wanted to see them do their own show so they came to Dublin.

The only thinks that will stop this from selling out (and these are only possible things that will stop the shows selling out, I still think they will sell out) are the fact that there is a Dublin and Belfast date and secondly there have been a raft of rock/metal gigs on sale recently and people are smashed with Christmas approaching, having said that, there were a lot of people in Ireland that couldn't get tickets last time out, so you need to add them to the pot (I'm one of them) and theres always plenty of people that want to travel to the first show of a Euro Tour - especially when it's in Dublin.....

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I reckon this is certain to sell out going by the demand of Pearl Jams previous shows here.

Fingers crossed i'll get tickets in the presale tomorrow:D

kennyu272 wrote: »
    I reckon this is certain to sell out going by the demand of Pearl Jams previous shows here.

Fingers crossed i'll get tickets in the presale tomorrow:D

I'm going with the assumption that they will sell out as before, I wouldn't risk leaving this to chance. Just signed up for priorty tickets with o2.

All this excitment when we have the tickets and will have to wait 6 whole months to actually see them, life's not fair:P!

funkyjebus wrote: »
    I'm going with the assumption that they will sell out as before, I wouldn't risk leaving this to chance. Just signed up for priorty tickets with o2.

All this excitment when we have the tickets and will have to wait 6 whole months to actually see them, life's not fair:P!

Try the ten month wait for Muse for Wembley:eek:

Its so worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I never got the text from o2 but it's on the blueroom so if you're an o2 customer text JAM to 51020. I have my o2 password ready for 9am tomorrow and my 10c membership for the fan club tickets at 5pm for Dublin and 6pm for Belfast.

So I have all bases covered and should be able to get 4 tickets to DUblin and 2 for Belfast. Maybe London too. Credit cards taking the hit for all this too. Announcing this close to Xmas is a bit crap.

Got tickets for London in August no problem through 10c and my sis managed to get standard ticketmaster tickets in 2006 so hope my good luck streak continues. Any extra tickets I have will be going to unlucky boards fans for cost price, but I reckon they'll be snapped up before you can say heyfoxymophandlemamathatsme.

NothingMan wrote: »
    Got tickets for London in August no problem through 10c and my sis managed to get standard ticketmaster tickets in 2006 so hope my good luck streak continues. Any extra tickets I have will be going to unlucky boards fans for cost price, but I reckon they'll be snapped up before you can say heyfoxymophandlemamathatsme.

Very decent of ya. And also very realistic. I'd do the same myself, but I cant afford extras for belfast at the moment, and its a mate getting me the dublin ones. Hope everyone does get it sorted. Should we start with odds on how long it'll take for tickets to be up on ebay?

For pre-sale, O2 should implement a thing to prevent touting. As in, the tickets bought with the code are traced to a phone number, and then all benefits of pre-sale are cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

NothingMan wrote: »
    I never got the text from o2 but it's on the blueroom so if you're an o2 customer text JAM to 51020. I have my o2 password ready for 9am tomorrow and my 10c membership for the fan club tickets at 5pm for Dublin and 6pm for Belfast.

Many thanks for the heads up on the O2BlueRoom. It's not going to be a matter of if it sells out, but just how many miliseconds it's gonna take. I reckon 5ms.

Got to see them 4 months ago in the MEN Manchester, it's been a long wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Loveless wrote: »
    Many thanks for the heads up on the O2BlueRoom. It's not going to be a matter of if it sells out, but just how many miliseconds it's gonna take. I reckon 5ms.

Got to see them 4 months ago in the MEN Manchester, it's been a long wait :)

I just texted and got a password so what do i do tomorrow do i go to o2blueroom or ticketmaster and help here would be great i can't miss this gig

thanks

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Mmm. I've dreamt of seeing them live for YEARS! :D

I'm going to be first in line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I will be standing by with my 10C memeber number tomorrow. Was very pissed off Ireland didnt get a date this year(had to travel to London in 2007 to see them) but all is forgiven now PJ!

I see the also have TBD penciled in for 9 th July,so will it be Oxegen or T In The Park??? Which ever it is Il be there(Kinda hope its T In The Park to be honest coz Oxegen is getting a bit stale after 9 of the last 10 years!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

It's decided, I'm getting a ticket. Does anyone know what the prices relate to? As in, are the tickets for €59.80 standing tickets because they're the cheapest? I sure hope they are....

finno wrote: »
    I just texted and got a password so what do i do tomorrow do i go to o2blueroom or ticketmaster and help here would be great i can't miss this gig

thanks

finno ..was wondering the same myself a while back with ACDC and Green Day Presales and had to sweat it out one morning..went straight into ticketmaster with my presale code at 8.55 and kept refreshing page till 9.03 and started to panic cos Page kept coming up Tickets are Currently Not Available for this event..so went straight into o2blueroom and clicked the link for Green Day and then it says "Book Priority tickets now"..that then brings you to a ticketmaster page where you enter your code (case sensitive..watch for that)and then HAPPY DAYS:D p.s. how do you Quote someone on this Damn Site:pac:

Ignore last bit.."how do u quote..." It worked this time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

finno ..was wondering the same myself a while back with ACDC and Green Day Presales and had to sweat it out one morning..went straight into ticketmaster with my presale code at 8.55 and kept refreshing page till 9.03 and started to panic cos Page kept coming up Tickets are Currently Not Available for this event..so went straight into o2blueroom and clicked the link for Green Day and then it says "Book Priority tickets now"..that then brings you to a ticketmaster page where you enter your code (case sensitive..watch for that)and then HAPPY DAYS:D p.s. how do you Quote someone on this Damn Site:pac:

Thanks mate that was a lot of help i know what to do in the morning now

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

finno wrote: »

thanks

see the link to the Pearl Jam sale is now available in the o2blueroom with the link to the special ticketmaster page..http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004388A9DF4D1F?artistid=735836&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60&did=o2dublin ..so you can also copy and paste this as one of your favourites on your computer..and just click it at 9am on the dot Best of Luck Its Gonna ROCK:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Can someone please PM me the O2 Priority code. Its the same code for everyone right?

• Advertisement

dceire wrote: »
    Can someone please PM me the O2 Priority code. Its the same code for everyone right?
    No, individual codes are given for each o2 phone number mate,No way I would have posted that last post if there was just one code given..DEATH TO ALL TOUTS:D

Advertisement