Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - 22nd June O2, 23rd Odyssey -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Toast wrote: »
    The countdown thing isn't a blueroom feature it has been part of the ticketmaster website for some time now. It is better than it timing out and losing your tickets without informing you like it used to. Most of the pages give you several minutes so you should be ok even if you are a one finger typist.

LOL yeah I guess I like to take my time and mull over every page as I put things through:pac: The Service charge was more than 12 euros for 2 tickets:eek: Has that always been the price for online tickets as its been a fair while since I got any off them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I think the countdown timer is a good idea, it lets you know you know how much time you have left. If you have a TM account, you can put your card details on and have your tickets bought before you can say Ticketbastard.

Squelchy wrote: »
    Last time I had a friend and an ex lined up to buy them on the morning they went on-sale (as I was in the dentist) - *both* forgot. :mad:

No wonder the other person is an "ex".

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Theyre back up now, standing tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

JJ wrote: »
    No wonder the other person is an "ex".

Brilliant!

How do you forget bout Pearl Jam tickets going on sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Just to clarify to some of the people above IF you get as far as being able to enter in your presale code and select tickets etc then you went in the right way (via O2blueroom.ie which links to a special part of ticketmaster). If you didn't get that far you went in the wrong way (via ticketmaster.ie). I made this mistake with the Depeche Mode presale and its easy to make and extremely infuriating.

On top of that If you get to the select ticket part and try to specify a particular block odds are you'll get a "tickets aren't available" message as a result because, from what I can gather certain, blocks aren't on sale in the presale. I've no idea which are but try selecting different things before giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Just got 2 - it's working again...go go go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Actually forgot to log on this morning - just did there - 2 standing tix - just what I wanted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

been trying since 10am with presale code.. should I just give up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Yipee thanks guy's just got mine.standing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

whats my best chances of getting a ticket, queing online or at a ticketmaster?

I really want to go to PJ before I die

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

whats my best chances of getting a ticket, queing online or at a ticketmaster?

I really want to go to PJ before I die

Then you should have got up this morning like the rest of us! :p

NedTermo wrote: »
    Then you should have got up this morning like the rest of us! :p

I didnt know about this priority stuff :(

I didnt know about this priority stuff :(

We were all buzzin' about it on here yesterday and today.

JJ wrote: »
    We were all buzzin' about it on here yesterday and today.

I'm sorry, I wasnt buzzin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Now officially listed as sold out of presale allocation.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Just how many 10C members on here got their pre sale tix for Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Got dublin presale via o2's dealio, and belfast via 10c (that was a painful 35 minutes trying to get the page to load)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My mate told me he has 10c ticket free for Belfast, which I'm taking. Does this mean I also get into the venue earlier with the fanclub?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I tried for an hour and a half to get tix thru 10c,I am extremely p!ssed off that i didnt get them and I now have to fork out more of my very hard earned euros to TicketMcBastard yet again.

Lots of posters on the Pearl Jam forums seemed to have the same trouble too

I got u2 tix in 3 mins thru their fan club earlier in the year,granted they were bigger venues but id imagine the demand on them was far higher too like.
    And their goes the extra few hours I was planning on having in bed Friday morning too,Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry folks,rant now over!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Just how many 10C members on here got their pre sale tix for Dublin?

not me, that's for sure! soo ****ing annoyed! Spent over 2 hours hitting "refresh", got to see a buy icon a few times, but it always led to an unloadable page. raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I got dublin after about 35 mins, my connection timed out just after I put in my credit card but I checked my email and I got Order recieved confirmation. Belfast was a little easier. But a little annoying.

I know I was quite lucky looking at some of the stories here.

It's not just for pre sales either, I went to download an album from the site last week and it took 2 hours to d/l 288MB on a 10Mb connection.

They need to sort out their bandwidth issue, obviously with those slow speeds a few hundred people buying tickets at the same time would propbably blow their server up!

I didn't buy 10C tickets this time but I did buy them through the club for the last Dublin gig and it was just as bad. You'd think they would've sorted the bandwith issue by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

My 10C membership expired and they never alerted me, so when I tried to log in, I didn't exist.

I'm with O2, but didn't know anything about the O2 presale deal till Wednesday morning - too late to register and take advantage.

So now my chances are at the whim of the gods (atheist sarcasm . . .). If you guys wouldn't mind hanging off till 9:10 or so tomorrow to buy your tickets, that'd be great. ;)

Seriously, anyone know what the ticket limit per person will be tomorrow? We promised my son we'd take him to his first gig for his 10th birthday (next August, but PJ in June is close enough), so I'll need three seated tickets (me, wife & son).

I got an email this morning saying they'd heard the limit will be two?

Mark

Oh, see the world . . .

I seem to remember it was 8 during the presale but I went through the form so quickly I'm not too sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Ticketmaster general sale will be limited it to 8, the presale was limited to 4.

Yep - just found this on Ticketb@st@rd's O2 presale page:

Ticket limit of 8 per person, per transaction, per household, per credit card.O2 priority presale ticket limit is 4 per person, per transaction, per household, per credit card. Bookings over the limit will be cancelled

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

8 is crazy - the touts will have a field day...

Call me selfish, but I'll be the happiest man if I get just my three seated tickets.

Isn't there something in place to thwart touts, where the card owner has to arrive with the tickets (or something like that)?

Also, how many O2 presale tickets were there? What was the allocation? Could those buyers have bought all the seated tickets, or was there a split of seated/standing?

Mark

• Advertisement

Mark#1 wrote: »
    Isn't there something in place to thwart touts, where the card owner has to arrive with the tickets (or something like that)?

They only do that for the likes of Tom Waits and Miley Cyrus (what a combination, that could be some duet).
    Mark#1 wrote: »
    Also, how many O2 presale tickets were there? What was the allocation? Could those buyers have bought all the seated tickets, or was there a split of seated/standing?

Looking at the presale Ts&Cs I found:

"O2 is allocated a broad range of seats for each event and when booking tickets customers will have the option to choose where to sit from the range of seats available as part of the priority ticket offer."

This says to me that the allocation varies from event to event.

Advertisement