Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - 22nd June O2, 23rd Odyssey -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

o2 presale will never limit more than 15% of overall ticket sales.

However to 10c also had presale allocation so i'd say 60-70% of tickets will be available tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Any ideas or rumours as to the support acts anybody?
    Its reasonable to assume it wont be Paddy Casey again anyway,maybe bring back The Fastbacks,I seem to remember them be good in 96!!

All the ticket hassle will be worth it folks,PJ are always sh!t hot live and now theirs even a decent venue here to see them too.Sound was always hit and miss in the Point IMO

Roll on 8:55am and the 22nd June!!

The next thing to do after we all get sorted with tix will be to decide where to meet up for pre show drinks,The Harbourmaster anyone!!???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Lads, hoping to arrange a bit of a shindig for the Wishlist Foundation the night before the gig! Ultimate Irish Jammers party :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

jenizzle wrote: »
    Lads, hoping to arrange a bit of a shindig for the Wishlist Foundation the night before the gig! Ultimate Irish Jammers party :D

Whats that? I thought it was some charity for a second, then not sure if its called Wishlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Sounds like a great idea, I've never heard of that charity before but I presume this is what you're talking about:

http://wishlistfoundation.org

It looks like there were parties all across the US on their last tour there.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

That's the one. I was at 4 of them (2 last year in Seattle and 2 the year before in NY) and they were just a great way of meeting fellow obsessed peeps who travelled a long way to see PJ!

In Manchester this year there was a pre-party where a tribute band played and there were 100-200 people there just drinking. I figured we should try do the same in Dublin! It's the start of the tour, maybe a few people will be floatin' about for a few days off before touring around.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's the one. I was at 4 of them (2 last year in Seattle and 2 the year before in NY) and they were just a great way of meeting fellow obsessed peeps who travelled a long way to see PJ!

In Manchester this year there was a pre-party where a tribute band played and there were 100-200 people there just drinking. I figured we should try do the same in Dublin! It's the start of the tour, maybe a few people will be floatin' about for a few days off before touring around.

Couldn't find it anywhere online:eek: But yeah, sounds good idea. Wouldn't mind attending!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Any ideas or rumours as to the support acts anybody?
    Its reasonable to assume it wont be Paddy Casey again anyway,maybe bring back The Fastbacks,I seem to remember them be good in 96!!

All the ticket hassle will be worth it folks,PJ are always sh!t hot live and now theirs even a decent venue here to see them too.Sound was always hit and miss in the Point IMO

Roll on 8:55am and the 22nd June!!

The next thing to do after we all get sorted with tix will be to decide where to meet up for pre show drinks,The Harbourmaster anyone!!???

unfortunately the Fastbacks called it a day a few yrs back. great great band

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

NothingMan wrote: »
    . . . i'd say 60-70% of tickets will be available tomorrow morning.

Well good luck to you all tomorrow morning - PJ rule and it's great that they still consider a small place like Ireland a valid place to bother coming to.

Shame one of my other favourites, Rush (I know - not the same music at all), don't bother their clacks coming here.

So good luck . . .

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

heys guysi was wonderin what is the best way to go about gettin tickets tomorrow, i used to just buy my tickets on dame street(havent been to a gig in about 8/9 years......kids,women u know the drill)anyway do i have to get them online and if so do i need a credid card or will laser get me my dream ticket.......any comments welcome includin the slaggin for not havin a clue:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Anyone know do sound cellar take laser? I know they don't take credit cards, but I can't remember if they have a laser job. Don't want to take the cash out of the bank to hear my mate managed to get them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 squonk_ie

devinejay wrote: »
    Anyone know do sound cellar take laser? I know they don't take credit cards, but I can't remember if they have a laser job. Don't want to take the cash out of the bank to hear my mate managed to get them online.
    I know for a fact that sound Cellar is cash only on tickets. He does not take laser at all for any transactions. He still uses the old swipe credit card machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

howlinwolf wrote: »
    heys guysi was wonderin what is the best way to go about gettin tickets tomorrow, i used to just buy my tickets on dame street(havent been to a gig in about 8/9 years......kids,women u know the drill)anyway do i have to get them online and if so do i need a credid card or will laser get me my dream ticket.......any comments welcome includin the slaggin for not havin a clue:)

Set up an account on Ticketmaster now and be logged in to the site at 8.55 tomorrow morning. They take Laser cards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Just heading up to ticketmaster now .. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

JJ wrote: »
    Tom Waits and Miley Cyrus (what a combination, that could be some duet).

Off topic -

Almost as unlikely as Billy Corgan and Jessica Simpson. :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

All standing tickets gone at 9:02.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

easy peasy..
    sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I got some :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 randallflagg

what a load of sh*t !! All standing tickets gone by 09.03

It says I bought seated tickets, but they were standing when I bought them...What the ****!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

what a load of sh*t !! All standing tickets gone by 09.03

It took me a couple of goes to get the standing tickets, but wohoo finally get to see Pearl Jam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I just selected "best available" and got 3 standing tickets at 9.01am

Cannot wait until next June :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just got standing aswell. Checked again for anything at 9:05 and there was nothing, no seating or anything. Looks like another ac/dc lottery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Got two seated at about 9.06, was surprised as didn't expect to get through!

Seriously, can anyone help me? It says on my receipt ground floor standing, but one my order history page on ticketmaster it says "STAND, ROW G6, SEATS XX-XX [it gives numbers, but I'm paranoid].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Got some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Just got standing aswell. Checked again for anything at 9:05 and there was nothing, no seating or anything. Looks like another ac/dc lottery

Got Standing :D:D:D

Panic stations 'cause my verified by visa rejected my password but managed to go back with my Laser:cool:.

Just have to tell wife she has to stand now. She may not be happy...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Tom65 wrote: »
    Seriously, can anyone help me? It says on my receipt ground floor standing, but one my order history page on ticketmaster it says "STAND, ROW G6, SEATS XX-XX [it gives numbers, but I'm paranoid].

Once it says stand, you're standing. The row seat stuff is just put there, but yes, you are standing, see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Twin-go wrote: »
    Just have to tell wife she has to stand now. She may not be happy...:rolleyes:

She can have my seat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Tom65 wrote: »

Mine says that too but they are standing. I think they use the seat thing to keep track of tickets.

Advertisement