Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - 22nd June O2, 23rd Odyssey -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Once it says stand, you're standing. The row seat stuff is just put there, but yes, you are standing, see you there!

Brilliant! Cheers. I had a moment of sheer panic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Happy days. Dublin and Belfast. It's going to be a beautiful summer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

2 x standing - Woo Hoo!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I cant see any tickets! Arrrgghhh..... are they sold out? I've been trying since 9.10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

i have been trying since 9.00 and didnt get any.... Hate ticketmaster..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rdb666

Same here, been on ****tymaster since 9:04 and not a sniff of a ticket!
    poxy poxy poxy!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Got my 3 seated tickets. They're block N, so pretty far back, but that'll be fine for my son to take in the whole spectacle of his first gig. Now I just got to work out how to get Ed to invite him up on stage and welcome him . . .

Phew . . .

Talk about stress. I tried to choose block C first (9:01) and it said none available, so I'd almost accepted that even if I did get back in, everything would be gone. But I did (9:03) and chose "best available" and got block N.

Just delighted I got some. Roll on June!

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

jenno86 wrote: »
    I cant see any tickets! Arrrgghhh..... are they sold out? I've been trying since 9.10am.

9:10 ! :eek: Are you crazy! With credit cards and internet you never had a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

got mine!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I was 11th in the queue at stephen's green and standing were gone by the time they reached me,also WTF is wrong with people at the front paying by card???
    use cash you muppets!!!! :mad:

I got my mate to get me one online but this was for my brother,but still :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There is a small chance that Road Records, Sound Cellar, City Disks, and Comet Records may have some tickets behind the desk. These places will get preprinted allocations which aren't counted on the ticketmaster online or kiosk system... though most will be reserved for preferred customers you may get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

well i may go back to work. I hope JM play anothe date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What times are ye all still booking tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

AHHHHHH i had had two tickets on two separate occasions on internet and phone and bloody technology failed both times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Although i entered my full details credit card wise but never heard the answer as if it was authorised, just went silent by the time i got off the phone they were gone:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Just got 2 Belfast tickets a moment ago. Seems there is still some available

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

02 tickets were gone when I got to the desk, but got myself a satnding ticket for Belfast, and saved about €20 in the process. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Nice one, I have a feeling the Belfast gig will be a bit special :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Tom65 wrote: »
    Seriously, can anyone help me? It says on my receipt ground floor standing, but one my order history page on ticketmaster it says "STAND, ROW G6, SEATS XX-XX [it gives numbers, but I'm paranoid].

Not to uspet you, but a friend of mine had that for Arctic Monkeys and was pretty p*ssed off to be sent to a seat on the night. I know a good few people are saying you're ok, but that's just my experience, and if in doubt I would contact 02 directly and ask them. Least if you find out now, you'll have time to try swap em :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Got Belfast,Woohoo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

My bf went to buy tix for pj this morning, he got them so im delighted, but he was first in line and not many were there for pj. mostly westlife-that went on sale today also. where he lives there is a lad who has a tout website and is always has tickets for events. the people in the shop were printing him out tix as my bf was leaving. :mad: so much for limits per customer. just checked the website! hes selling them for 140 euro each! :mad: made my blood boil :mad:, i was here at home trying online to get them, they sold out in less than 5 mins!!! cant believe that a shop would actually do this:eek:. and real fans have to resort to paying the ridiculou prices for them. sorry rant over!! :mad: im delighted for myself!! but sad for those who didnt get any! and mad on your behalf!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

:D finally have me a ticket to see PJ - been a long feckin time coming, a mate grabbed two standing tickets first thing this morning........delighted, after missing out on a few shows in recent years I'm just so happy to get the chance to see them.......

to those that have missed out on Dublin -try Belfast, it's not that far away......should be worth a look anyway, and if you've missed out altogether, I know how it feels.........

anyone that logged on after 9:00 and missed out - what did you expect ???
    sold out in 5-7 mins last time out, it's certainly no surprise that this would sell really fast, with the presale going quickly too....

My bf went to buy tix for pj this morning, he got them so im delighted, but he was first in line and not many were there for pj. mostly westlife-that went on sale today also. where he lives there is a lad who has a tout website and is always has tickets for events. the people in the shop were printing him out tix as my bf was leaving. :mad: so much for limits per customer. just checked the website! hes selling them for 140 euro each! :mad: made my blood boil :mad:, i was here at home trying online to get them, they sold out in less than 5 mins!!! cant believe that a shop would actually do this:eek:. and real fans have to resort to paying the ridiculou prices for them. sorry rant over!! :mad:

Rant away - I'm with you 100% - something should be done, it's a bloody farce how quickly the stuff is up on Ebay now........clearly procedures aren't being followed and these people have connections that allow them to get as many tickets as they want......

spaceboy wrote: »
    Nice one, I have a feeling the Belfast gig will be a bit special :D

:eek:
    Why? What do you know?!

NIBBS wrote: »
    Rant away - I'm with you 100% - something should be done, it's a bloody farce how quickly the stuff is up on Ebay now........clearly procedures aren't being followed and these people have connections that allow them to get as many tickets as they want......

god i know i should be delighted about getting the tix but im just so mad!! we missed out on tickets the last time cause of b*****ds like him. i had two tix to sell for kol the time they played o2 last xmas and was selling them at face value cause i couldnt get off work! i ended up getting the day off eventually so i didnt sell em after but unfortunately not everyone can be so honest!

:D finally have me a ticket to see PJ - been a long feckin time coming, a mate grabbed two standing tickets first thing this morning........delighted, after missing out on a few shows in recent years I'm just so happy to get the chance to see them.......

to those that have missed out on Dublin -try Belfast, it's not that far away......should be worth a look anyway, and if you've missed out altogether, I know how it feels.........

anyone that logged on after 9:00 and missed out - what did you expect ???
    sold out in 5-7 mins last time out, it's certainly no surprise that this would sell really fast, with the presale going quickly too....

the guy I bought my tickets off in Ticketmaster was giving out crap about this. He said 3000 out of 12000 tickets were sold before today. Slightly ridonculous. Though anybody who got a ticket wouldn't be saying the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Jay P wrote: »
    the guy I bought my tickets off in Ticketmaster was giving out crap about this. He said 3000 out of 12000 tickets were sold before today. Slightly ridonculous. Though anybody who got a ticket wouldn't be saying the same thing!

But that's between o2 and fan club presale. Not necessarily from touts. I got 6 tickets for Dublin and 2 for Belfast on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

squonk_ie wrote: »
    I know for a fact that sound Cellar is cash only on tickets. He does not take laser at all for any transactions. He still uses the old swipe credit card machine!

That's what I suspected but thanks for confirming it because if I had taken the time to check before going to the ATM I would've missed them. I got the last standing tickets in Sound Cellar, so fcuking relieved. Don't think I could take missing PJ again!!!!!!!

god i know i should be delighted about getting the tix but im just so mad!! we missed out on tickets the last time cause of b*****ds like him. i had two tix to sell for kol the time they played o2 last xmas and was selling them at face value cause i couldnt get off work! i ended up getting the day off eventually so i didnt sell em after but unfortunately not everyone can be so honest!

even in times where I'm totally skint (and my mates are all the same) I'd never consider trying to sell tickets to people over the odds.........hate the whole touting business.....sickens me......
    just so happy to have gotten tickets this time - I'd love it if people didn't pay them €130-140 or whatever they'll charge getting closer to the day and they'd have to unload them for face value or less.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimmy_D_

Ugh I went on ticketmaster this morning at 8.30 and tried desperately to get a ticket as soon as they went on sale but no joy-my friend managed to get a ticket. I am just really bummed out by this-the fact tickets were on sale on ebay by 9.30 is a disgrace though it just makes me so angry that people like that deny fans of the band who just want to see them perform-i can't afford a 250euro ticket:mad:2nd time this has happened to me thanks ticketmaster!

• Advertisement

even in times where I'm totally skint (and my mates are all the same) I'd never consider trying to sell tickets to people over the odds.........hate the whole touting business.....sickens me......
    just so happy to have gotten tickets this time - I'd love it if people didn't pay them €130-140 or whatever they'll charge getting closer to the day and they'd have to unload them for face value or less.....

its unreal! the time i was considering selling the kol tix i could of made a fortune! when we went that night the touts were all lookin to buy tickets not sell, none of them had any!!
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement