Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - 22nd June O2, 23rd Odyssey -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

jimmy_D_ wrote: »
    Ugh I went on ticketmaster this morning at 8.30 and tried desperately to get a ticket as soon as they went on sale but no joy-my friend managed to get a ticket. I am just really bummed out by this-the fact tickets were on sale on ebay by 9.30 is a disgrace though it just makes me so angry that people like that deny fans of the band who just want to see them perform-i can't afford a 250euro ticket:mad:2nd time this has happened to me thanks ticketmaster!

its so frustrating i know!! something has to be done about touting! theyre doin all this id thing for miley cyrus. surely they could do the same for all events??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Woooooohooooo! Missed out on Wednesday, but got tickets for the o2 this morning.

See you guys there. :D

Yaaaay again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Don't mean to pry. But when this thread is coming to its end and most people are sorted pop over to the "pearl jam" thread and let us continue in the build up and general warblings!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055548000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kered75

Got tickets for Belfast,still seems to be some on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Don't mean to pry. But when this thread is coming to its end and most people are sorted pop over to the "pearl jam" thread and let us continue in the build up and general warblings!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055548000

did ye get a ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Im so fúcking pissed off, especially when you see all the tickets for sale up on eBay. Something need to be done about these fúcking tout cúnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

its so frustrating i know!! something has to be done about touting! theyre doin all this id thing for miley cyrus. surely they could do the same for all events??

The ID thing isn't really a good solution because if you can't go you are stuck with a 70 euro piece of paper. Even if there was legislation I doubt it would stop it entirely. Even on toutless we'll still get people who claim to be selling at face value then turn out not to be (we ban them of course). But think about how easy it would be to run a similar scam on buyandsell etc.

The only 100% effective way to stop touting is simply not to pay their prices. I was delighted to see ALOT of touts stuck with tickets for Depeche Mode last night but I'm sure they probably broke even just buying low and selling high. Even buying a ticket at face value off a tout is supporting them... make the effort to find a genuine fan who is selling instead... if the touts are selling at face value it means they're buying off desperate fans for half that. I've done all that I can.. in the words of Super Monaco GP on the Megadrive "Now it's up to you!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Toast wrote: »
    There is a small chance that Road Records, Sound Cellar, City Disks, and Comet Records may have some tickets behind the desk.

City Discs definitely won't have tickets for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Surely 8 tickets per person is a bit much also. Does that not play into the hands of the touts? 4 is enough.

I got 2 seats at 9.25. Dont ask me how. Was trying since before 9 and got nothing for standing until 9.15 and then tried best availiable for seats and got nothing until I was about to give up and then bang got 2 at 9.25.

Some of the captcha things I got were borderline ridiculous as well.

I got "homeless-for-free"...WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

setanta74 wrote: »
    Surely 8 tickets per person is a bit much also. Does that not play into the hands of the touts? 4 is enough.

I got 2 seats at 9.25. Dont ask me how. Was trying since before 9 and got nothing for standing until 9.15 and then tried best availiable for seats and got nothing until I was about to give up and then bang got 2 at 9.25.

Agreed ,I Got "Ima-Incontinent" when booking Arctic Monkeys,No Messing..Well At least I could read that One..Still Getting Over It:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

setanta74 wrote: »

With high demand gigs such as this, tickets can be taken out of the pool one minute but get put back in if the person who had them reserved failed to enter their credit cards details correctly or something along those lines. Considering you have about 3 minutes on the first screen, 4 1/2 minutes to sign in (if you're not signed in already) and about 8 minutes to submit the order and (I think) another 8 minutes to verify your credit card if you have to, some tickets could be reserved up for about 10-20 minutes then sent back to the pool.

I've found a few times that with the captcha things, you can be a letter or two off and the site will still accept what you entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

i kept trying fruitlessly and several times "hopeless" came up:mad: did not help my mood!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

I wish for cancer to riddle every bone and organ in every tout's body, and for their debilitating & painful death to last a decade. These are scum.

But 8 per sale was feeding them. Would anyone else not be surprised to learn that some tout "business" was in some way connected to the person/people who decided that the limit should be 8?

And that retailer who sold lots of tickets to a tout should be exposed - name & shame! Surely he/she was breaking some rules or laws?

I'm lucky - I (and those closest to me who are PJ fans) got tickets, but I really sympathise with those PJ fans who missed out.

I considered buying 8, to make sure anyone I knew that missed out would heve a ticket - I'd have happily passed them on at face value, and TBH, I'd have sold them to any genuine fan - strangers or otherwise - at face value.

And I suspect that the same would have been true with any other PJ fan with an extra ticket or two - face value to other fans.

So those of you who have missed out, have hope - there may be some fans out there who might yet sort you out . . .

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Break the touts legs...no, really, do!

Know quite a few people who didn't get them, such a bummer. Hopefully ye all get sorte eventually(the actual fans)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mark#1 wrote: »
    I wish for cancer to riddle every bone and organ in every tout's body, and for their debilitating & painful death to last a decade. These are scum.

But 8 per sale was feeding them. Would anyone else not be surprised to learn that some tout "business" was in some way connected to the person/people who decided that the limit should be 8?

And that retailer who sold lots of tickets to a tout should be exposed - name & shame! Surely he/she was breaking some rules or laws?

I'm lucky - I (and those closest to me who are PJ fans) got tickets, but I really sympathise with those PJ fans who missed out.

I considered buying 8, to make sure anyone I knew that missed out would heve a ticket - I'd have happily passed them on at face value, and TBH, I'd have sold them to any genuine fan - strangers or otherwise - at face value.

And I suspect that the same would have been true with any other PJ fan with an extra ticket or two - face value to other fans.

So those of you who have missed out, have hope - there may be some fans out there who might yet sort you out . . .

Mark

I did that, but for less quantity. Was gonna get three or four just incase, but forgot to select quantity, so ended up with one standing. Mate who sorted me with 10c Belfast ticket, he didn't manage a dublin one, so had it in mind he may need it, so giving it to him. He'll just pay the difference between the two gigs, and all will be well for us. Hope it works out for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Mushy wrote: »
    I did that, but for less quantity. Was gonna get three or four just incase, but forgot to select quantity, so ended up with one standing. Mate who sorted me with 10c Belfast ticket, he didn't manage a dublin one, so had it in mind he may need it, so giving it to him. He'll just pay the difference between the two gigs, and all will be well for us. Hope it works out for others.

I got as many presae tickets as possible on wednesday, 4 o2 and 2 10c. Me, gf, sis, niece, friend and one to a boardsie. Glad to do it too. €250 would be nice but I would feel sick charging anyone over the odds for something they could've been able to buy themselves if it wasn't for Ahole touters.

Have 2 10c tickets for Belfast as well and the gf deosn't want to come nearer the time that may go to a boardsie as well.

Anyway, keep up with the pearl jam thread to arrange some good pre/post gig sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

fluke wrote: »
    did ye get a ticket?

Im the "boardsie" that 'NothingMan' above is speaking of.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Mushy wrote: »
    I did that, but for less quantity. Was gonna get three or four just incase, but forgot to select quantity, so ended up with one standing.

The stress, the excitement, the fear . . . aahhhh, the joys of buying tickets . . .

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

HaHa lke your style..C'Mon now Nothingman..Written Contract and all that:D

Delighted for ye, saw ye on Toutless and having known your name from this thread often had hoped you would get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Just heard about the concert today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Even Flow

Didn't get any either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kered75

In case anyone is interested "Pearl Jem" are playing the Spirit Store, Dundalk Jan 23rd,Backroom, Navan Jan 29th and the Spring and Airbreak,Belfast Feb 5th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX_IbINbQU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUcnCxjETuU

HaHa lke your style..C'Mon now Nothingman..Written Contract and all that:D

?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Anyone know if Pearl Jem have a Dublin gig in the near future?
    Seen them in the music centre a few years ago, well impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Ah Pearl Jem

Anyone know if Pearl Jem have a Dublin gig in the near future?
    Seen them in the music centre a few years ago, well impressed

Look up silly! post 204. They're playing Jan 23rd in Dundalk. Not quite Dublin but near enough if they're worth it..... Are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

NothingMan wrote: »
    Look up silly! post 204. They're playing Jan 23rd in Dundalk. Not quite Dublin but near enough if they're worth it..... Are they?

Seen that, they are well worth seeing but its expensive to get a taxi home from Dundalk,

Seen that, they are well worth seeing but its expensive to get a taxi home from Dundalk,

This is the Pearl Jam thread page, Pearl Jem is off topic and belongs to a thread of it's own...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭L.T.D

Can't wait for this

Advertisement