Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - 22nd June O2, 23rd Odyssey -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

neither can i but unfortuately were gonna have to wait til June!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thought i'd share this story wit you guys.

I fcukin love PJ and have seen them many times, i moved over to Dublin from Wales nearly 4 years ago, July 2006.
    I applied for a job with Sword Event Guard, just to see me through till i got a proper job, i did a few Marley Gigs then they offered me a night job at the Point, OK i said, i'll take it, knowing i was only gonna stay for a month max.

I was down to work Mon 5pm - 8am, Tues 5pm - 8am, Wed 6pm - midnight (PJ gig) Thurs 5pm - 8am

I turned up for work on the Monday night and loads of gear was being loaded, all PJ's :D:D The crew spent the rest of the night soundchecking.

The next night, Tues, PJ, played a whole set, 2.5hrs, in rehearsal for the Euro tour, all to about 20 peeps :D:D:D I was creamin my fcukin pants!!!!

All the guys were totally cool, Vedder was so chilled, all he did was skate around on his board.

After the band and crew left on the tues night i had a little sit behind the drum kit, as ya would.

There was a PR Girl workin for the band, she was cool, gave me a fully signed 10x8 and a copy of the tour itinery, a ringbound book with all details and contacts of band and crew, all venues, hotels, dates etc.

Gig night was awesome, i was checking wristbands, the amount of peeps i let in the pit without a wristband was unreal ;);)

Worked Thurs night at an empty point, phoned them up and quit on the Friday :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

scudzilla wrote: »
    Thought i'd share this story wit you guys.

I fcukin love PJ and have seen them many times, i moved over to Dublin from Wales nearly 4 years ago, July 2006.
    I applied for a job with Sword Event Guard, just to see me through till i got a proper job, i did a few Marley Gigs then they offered me a night job at the Point, OK i said, i'll take it, knowing i was only gonna stay for a month max.

I was down to work Mon 5pm - 8am, Tues 5pm - 8am, Wed 6pm - midnight (PJ gig) Thurs 5pm - 8am

I turned up for work on the Monday night and loads of gear was being loaded, all PJ's :D:D The crew spent the rest of the night soundchecking.

The next night, Tues, PJ, played a whole set, 2.5hrs, in rehearsal for the Euro tour, all to about 20 peeps :D:D:D I was creamin my fcukin pants!!!!

All the guys were totally cool, Vedder was so chilled, all he did was skate around on his board.

After the band and crew left on the tues night i had a little sit behind the drum kit, as ya would.

There was a PR Girl workin for the band, she was cool, gave me a fully signed 10x8 and a copy of the tour itinery, a ringbound book with all details and contacts of band and crew, all venues, hotels, dates etc.

Gig night was awesome, i was checking wristbands, the amount of peeps i let in the pit without a wristband was unreal ;);)

Worked Thurs night at an empty point, phoned them up and quit on the Friday :D:D
    Christ thats unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Sweet, much jealous.

Yeah, awesome time

Here's a copy of the 10x8, gonna look sweet properly framed

Pearljam.jpg

• Advertisement

Extra tickets available for Belfast, On sale Friday 09:00

www.ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm lucky enough to have gotten a ticket for this gig through ticket master,but there have been many gigs i haven't been able to,and so i quite happily buy off a tout,the same one every time,he's never let me down and has never charged me more than 20 euros on top,in fact i'll be talking to him about another PJ ticket as my mate didn't get one through ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm lucky enough to have gotten a ticket for this gig through ticket master,but there have been many gigs i haven't been able to,and so i quite happily buy off a tout,the same one every time,he's never let me down and has never charged me more than 20 euros on top,in fact i'll be talking to him about another PJ ticket as my mate didn't get one through ticketmaster.

If your tout and many like him, didn't buy all the tickets to a concert they had no intention of going to, then your friend would have had a much better chance of getting a ticket.

Tickets are marked up enough by the time you get them. Something Pearl Jam battled hard against, and to give money to a tout actively encourages a immoral, illegal practice that disrespects the very band and its fans you are going to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

The good tout then. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Your tout is still a piece of ****. If he didn't buy the tickets for profit then those having to go to him would have a better chance. Why touting is legal beats me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I just noticed that TM announced that Ben Harper & Relentless7 will be opening for PJ at their O2 gig. I saw Ben Harper open for PJ at my first PJ gig at the Merriweather Post Pavilion back in '98.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

JJ wrote: »
    I just noticed that TM announced that Ben Harper & Relentless7 will be opening for PJ at their O2 gig. I saw Ben Harper open for PJ at my first PJ gig at the Merriweather Post Pavilion back in '98.

I've heard a few bootlegs with Eddie and Ben but don't know much of his stuff. Sounds excellent though, I know they play together a lot state side so may have to pick up some Ben Harper and give it a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just make sure you don't confuse Ben Harper and the relentless 7 with the other band he played with "the innocent criminals". Relentless 7 aren't bad, more rock than his other stuff...

that would be a sweet gig though, to see B Harper, then PJ...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No ticket advertising, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Count down has offically started. Booked the hotel today (Gresham - O'Connell St.) Where will be good after the gig considering its on a tuesday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

I want to go so badly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I keep forgetting about this, and then I get an email because someone replied to this thread and I get excited all over again!!

-Chris- wrote: »
    I keep forgetting about this, and then I get an email because someone replied to this thread and I get excited all over again!!

There ya go, another email for ya then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I wish I could push the Thanks button more than once...

PJ, woo hoo!!

funloving wrote: »
    I want to go so badly :(

You could keep trying Toutless. You might get lucky. There's always people who have to bail out closer to a gig date.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Ey up!

I forgot to put info in this thread!

2 weeks today there'll be a big Pearl Jam pish-up (which I'm sure most of you have seen me post everywhere anyway, but I don't want anyone to feel left out!)

It'll be on in O'Reilly's/Sub Lounge underneath Tara Street DART station.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=291168254746

Do come along, and feel free to drop a PM if yer petrified. There'll be a couple of hundred PJ fans there, music and drinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

You could keep trying Toutless. You might get lucky. There's always people who have to bail out closer to a gig date.

Yeah I got offered a ticket on Monday because my friends brother can't go, so happy days. You might get lucky, just make sure everyone knows to give you first dibs on any spare tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mullyfive0

For the Belfast Odessey gig, the times are as follows. I presume The Point will be similar, will post up if/when MCD Confirm. Strange the MCD released this in Jan.

Doors 6:30pm
    Ben Harper: 7:30 to 8:15pm
    Pearl Jam: 8:45 to 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

mullyfive0 wrote: »
    For the Belfast Odessey gig, the times are as follows. I presume The Point will be similar, will post up if/when MCD Confirm. Strange the MCD released this in Jan.

Doors 6:30pm
    Ben Harper: 7:30 to 8:15pm
    Pearl Jam: 8:45 to 11pm

Whoah thats going to be hitting about 28 songs:D OH dear God I am pumped for these 2/3 nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Mushy wrote: »
    Whoah thats going to be hitting about 28 songs:D OH dear God I am pumped for these 2/3 nights!

pretty much all their recent gigs on setlist fm are at LEAST 30 songs in each. I hope the O2 11pm curfew dosnt impact on this

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

grimm2005 wrote: »
    pretty much all their recent gigs on setlist fm are at LEAST 30 songs in each. I hope the O2 11pm curfew dosnt impact on this

I always saw their US shows as bit longer than over here, albeit only by 2/3 songs. Can imagine those times as being very accuarate for the O2, so thats very much acceptable by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Saw RATM in O2 on Tuesday. That was my first gig in the new venue - awesome! Got to see where my PJ seats are (block N), and I'm well happy - my 9 year-old son (it's his first gig) will have a great view of everything. Can't wait . . .

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gixer1000

Mark#1 wrote: »
    Saw RATM in O2 on Tuesday. That was my first gig in the new venue - awesome! Got to see where my PJ seats are (block N), and I'm well happy - my 9 year-old son (it's his first gig) will have a great view of everything. Can't wait . . .

His first gig Pearl Jam in the O2. nice one!!!!!
    thats something he'll remember for life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Is there a pit in the Odyssey?

• Advertisement

I don't know about the Odyssey but there wasn't one at RATM at the new Point so I think it's safe to say there won't be one for Pearl Jam.

Advertisement