Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - 22nd June O2, 23rd Odyssey -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I'm sure there will be a pit for both, Ten Club ticket holders usually get in early and get wristbands to allow them into the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Jay P wrote: »
    Is there a pit in the Odyssey?
    I'm sure there will be a pit for both, Ten Club ticket holders usually get in early and get wristbands to allow them into the pit.

no theres never any pit in the o2.

ten club tickets get in earlier yes, but that only allows people to go straight to the front if they want. usually they would be allowed in a pit if there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

fincollins wrote: »
    no theres never any pit in the o2.

ten club tickets get in earlier yes, but that only allows people to go straight to the front if they want. usually they would be allowed in a pit if there was one.

Was one for Muse. ITs hit and miss as to whether there will be one for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Mushy wrote: »
    Was one for Muse. ITs hit and miss as to whether there will be one for Dublin.

really :eek:

sorry :o

i've been to a few gigs there and iv never seen one. thats a balls so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Me and my 10c tickets sincerely hope there is a pit. Although am going with a lot of people to Dublin so if there was no pit there but one in the Odyssey that would be just dandy with me.

• Advertisement

fincollins wrote: »
    really :eek:

sorry :o

i've been to a few gigs there and iv never seen one. thats a balls so :(

Yeah, as I said, it is hit and miss. Unfortunately there's little point in asking either, people did that for Muse, they said no pit, so went down for 7, to find out there was one and its shocking venue then. I'm gonna go early for Dublin, then if there is def no pit, myt go back into town...benefits of Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

The Muse gig was late last year IIRC while the RATM gig was a week ago. It's possible they did away with pits since the Muse gig. The new Point has a much wider stage and a much bigger standing area so I don't see any reason to have it. I'm not one for queuing up hours before a gig starts these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 justhim

Pits in the O2 are used only in concerts where there is a younger age group
    expected. They use them to try and reduce the chance of kids getting injured. Theres no chance there'll be a pit in pearl jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭srmufc

From Ticketmaster
    Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult All times are subject to change, provisional running order as follows: Doors 6:30pm Ben Harper: 7:30 to 8:15pm Pearl Jam: 8:45 to 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

This time next week the exodus to Belfast will have begun.......happy happy happy days!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

just got an email from dit to attend a 4th year project seminar next tuesday from 5 - 6pm. With PJ doors at 630pm, i'm gonna be in a mad dash to get down there. Thanks a million DIT :mad:

EDIT: actually it's tuesday 29th, but I'm also going to Slash on that night *sigh*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

srmufc wrote: »
    From Ticketmaster
    Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult All times are subject to change, provisional running order as follows: Doors 6:30pm Ben Harper: 7:30 to 8:15pm Pearl Jam: 8:45 to 11pm.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

can't believe it's now less than a week away.....finally..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Sorry if its been mentioned before..Does anyone know if Eddie sings "Under Pressure" with Ben Harper at every show he supports Pearl Jam??..Wouldn't be mad on seeing Ben Harper but if Eddies gonna do a track or two with him i thinks i'll get there early:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Got my email today off 10 C, it's getting so close!

For anyone who knows Belfast, I'm travelling from Cork and I should be in the city (Europa Bus centre) at 3. Is that too late? I was thinking of picking up my tickets (available from 3 at the Odyssey) and then dropping my stuff back to the hostel and come back at around 5 to queue...is this a good plan?!

Sorry for all the questions...never been to Belfast (or Northern Ireland) before! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mullyfive0

Got my email today off 10 C, it's getting so close!

For anyone who knows Belfast, I'm travelling from Cork and I should be in the city (Europa Bus centre) at 3. Is that too late? I was thinking of picking up my tickets (available from 3 at the Odyssey) and then dropping my stuff back to the hostel and come back at around 5 to queue...is this a good plan?!

Sorry for all the questions...never been to Belfast (or Northern Ireland) before! :o

Good plan. 2hrs is plenty of time to do all that.

Belfast is quite small ... Europa is a 15/20min walk to Oddessey. Taxis are cheap enough, might be an idea if you have bags with you. Print off a googlemap before you leave, its pretty straightforward, once you get your bearings

Only few days to go now:D..of course we'll get all the live classics but being Pearl Jam hoping for some rare gems on the Dublin setlist..Any Requests??..Heres Mine..

Only few days to go now:D..of course we'll get all the live classics but being Pearl Jam hoping for some rare gems on the Dublin setlist..Any Requests??..Heres Mine..

Not necessarily all of them. I don't care what they play, Blood would be nice, but thats prob cos I've just listened to Vs.

Mushy wrote: »
    Not necessarily all of them. I don't care what they play, Blood would be nice, but thats prob cos I've just listened to Vs.
    +1..always go back to Vs just before the Gig :pac:..well by live classics i meant Alive,Evenflow,Betterman,Lukin etc..love to hear Rearviewmirror,Rats and Corduroy also..oh and Leash again,Porch and Once if they have time:p

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I have to say at my last gig(London 2007) they played a cracking set but without a lot of what would be considered "classics" and I have to say it was probably the most enjoyable gig out of the 5 times Ive seen them.
    All I hope for Belfast is that they play Black coz its my GF's first PJ gig and she does love that song and God knows Ive banged on about how good they are live so I hope they dont let me down(never have so far anyway!!)
    Cant bloody wait for this one and we all know they will throw in the odd suprise,I for one would love to hear Bone China or Stardog Champion from way back when!!
    Ideally Id love them to start with Release tho!!!

• Advertisement

I have to say at my last gig(London 2007) they played a cracking set but without a lot of what would be considered "classics" and I have to say it was probably the most enjoyable gig out of the 5 times Ive seen them.
    All I hope for Belfast is that they play Black coz its my GF's first PJ gig and she does love that song and God knows Ive banged on about how good they are live so I hope they dont let me down(never have so far anyway!!)
    Cant bloody wait for this one and we all know they will throw in the odd suprise,I for one would love to hear Bone China or Stardog Champion from way back when!!
    Ideally Id love them to start with Release tho!!!

Haha, exact same position right here! With the time they have, they'll be playing such a mixture. Would love Unthought Known as opener. Wanna hear most of second half of Backspacer throughout Dublin show.

I may be mildly excited about this....

FUCK YEAH.

So close now, really looking forward to this. Never seen them live before so it'll be a first for me. Damn fine support aswell with Ben Harper (i've rarely been to a gig with decent support).
    Personally hoping they'll play a good chunk of backspacer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

grimm2005 wrote: »
    So close now, really looking forward to this. Never seen them live before so it'll be a first for me. Damn fine support aswell with Ben Harper (i've rarely been to a gig with decent support).
    Personally hoping they'll play a good chunk of backspacer

Prepare to be blown away. The 2006 gig was so good that I look back on it as one of the best momets of my life. There is just something so special about PJ live, something that doesnt come across on dvds, bootlegs or youtube clips... Youll see. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

I would love it they had this in the encore!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Prepare to be blown away. The 2006 gig was so good that I look back on it as one of the best momets of my life. There is just something so special about PJ live, something that doesnt come across on dvds, bootlegs or youtube clips... Youll see. :pac:

Great, can't wait. I've been looking at setlists and it's impossible to predict what will be played, which is probably a good thing as it'll be more of a surprise. I sorted out an extra 2 standing tickets for mates on toutless yesterday, I'd say they'll owe me one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Seated tickets are back up on Ticketmaster,

Just got 2.

GO go go!

A-Trak wrote: »
    Seated tickets are back up on Ticketmaster,

Just got 2.

GO go go!

Gone already

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Really looking forward to the next couple of days, Dublin tomorrow & then Belfast.

Epic.

• Advertisement

TopBombing wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the next couple of days, Dublin tomorrow & then Belfast.

Epic.

Don't forget the shindig tonight in O'Reilly's Sub lounge at Tara St. Pearl Jam pre gig amazingness.

Advertisement