Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco. 50 pack DVD+R,-R own brand €4

• 07-12-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this is nationwide but maybe check and report back, afraid i cleared out the +R's from Artane Castle but a few -R's left

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Had lots of bad discs about a year ago, not tried again since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Got them in Tesco Midleton two weeks ago, not tried them but to avoid coasters burn at a slower speed.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Got them in Tesco Midleton two weeks ago, not tried them but to avoid coasters burn at a slower speed.

Got some, seemed fine.

As stated, burn slow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Any Cds, DVDs I bought in Tesco were pure sh*t. On the plus side, where would you get 50 coasters for €4? :)

bmaxi wrote: »
    Any Cds, DVDs I bought in Tesco were pure sh*t. On the plus side, where would you get 50 coasters for €4? :)

Burn them at a slower speed, fixes the problem caused by weak lasers in cheap dvd burners.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

I threw out approx. 80 of these DVD's last month .... their fail rate was spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I threw out approx. 80 of these DVD's last month .... their fail rate was spectacular

Why not bring them back to Tesco and ask for a refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

No Receipt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

they just sound too cheap, not to dis a bargain but maybe you get what you pay for? memorex are 8 euro for 25 in heatons.

I have had just as Much trouble with them, normally only use Verbatum as they are mostly Taiyo Yuden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

I have had just as Much trouble with them, normally only use Verbatum as they are mostly Taiyo Yuden

They're fine if you want a dispopsable DVD or game backup, but would not recommend them for important data backups however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just stocked up on 8 cases of the +R DVD's (Tesco Waterford). As the OP stated the are being sold at €4 for 50. The funny thing is on the shelf above they are selling them at €6.25 for 25. ;). I have kept receipt in case I need to return them :D

Just some research on the disc manufacturer.
    http://www.umedisc.com/
    Click awards on the site ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Agree totally with the slow burn,very rarely had problems with them at x4 speed.Revoo.com independant review site gave them 9/10,only 3 reviews though.Anyway think they are going to be hard to get a hold of at that price was waiting 2 weeks for them to come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

RayCon wrote: »
    No Receipt

I have returned Tesco own brand items without a receipt, Dont know if its their policy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Cheers OP, those would be perfect for Christmas tree decorations:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Tesco own brand works fine.
    I haven't had any problems with them.
    €4 is amazingly cheap...... great value, well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

The box I got a few months ago have all burned perfectly for me:) (I posted a bargain alert about them and got similar negative comments:rolleyes:) Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i bought a pack last week
    burned about 12 so far with no problems
    a bargain as far as i`m concerned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Going to check my local Tesco for these tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

i had problems with too, but at the price you can afford to have one in 4 fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Indeed, a patricular poster challenged me to play some of those last offer tesco discs a year after I had burned them as he claimed they wouldnt work then.
    So Im patiently waiting till that time!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Just some research on the disc manufacturer.
    http://www.umedisc.com/
    Click awards on the site ;)[/QUOTE]

that's the great award and back in glorious 2007 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Picked up a spindle today. Plenty left. Might get another spindle next week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

Did not see these in Tesco Jervis, which shops have these spindles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

TVDX wrote: »
    Indeed, a patricular poster challenged me to play some of those last offer tesco discs a year after I had burned them as he claimed they wouldnt work then.
    So Im patiently waiting till that time!.

well, they might work, but there is a reason why single dvd-ram disc cost as many as 50 dvd tesco discs :P

don't get me wrong they are ok, but not for your photos, documents or other data that is hard or impossible to recreate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I have used a lot of them and not much complain. Decent bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

None in Ashbourne or Maynooth, although I can confirm that the latter had this offer at one point, since I got some myself earlier this year. ;)

Regarding quality, they worked fine for me.
    As others have already suggested though, they're better served as just mirrors, or duplicates for family/friends etc.

Leave your more important data for higher quality discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I've never had anything but perfect burns with these...

Just pop them on the fire every time they fuck up and they burn perfectly.

Advertisement