Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Altitude - Anyone playing this ?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Just got Altitude there last Friday. Class game. Its new to Steam but out around 6 months I think. Really good fun.

Anyone else enjoying it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Is it a 1942 clone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Played the demo, seems alright, would it be worth getting the full game though.

Seems like it get a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Its not at all like 1942. Other than its about shooting down airplanes :)

Could get boring ? I've put in a bout 10 hours on it since Friday night and thats more than I've played any game this year (other than fifa). You gain xp and get access to different (not better) planes and also get access to perks so you can mix and match.

There is free for all, team deathmatch, team base defence and football (which is and isn't what it sounds - but its damn good fun) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

this game still rocks 2 years later. just put up a euro ladder server hosted in dubland

indeed it does still rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I used to play lots of this, really liked it too.

Its a free to play thing now for anyone interested, the demo is basically the full game with some perks disabled.

Will run on anything (used to play it on my acer aspire one netbook!)

What game modes do people play? I was almost exclusively ball

Ball mostly yeah. But there is ball and football :)

Two types really. ball_football map and then all th other ball_ maps which are used in comps/ladders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I have it in my Steam library, it's good fun, a bit difficult to get the hang of the controls at first, will check out the server

Skydrift is another great jet fighter/racer game though amazingly not many play the MP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Meh, it's really just a Sopwith clone.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Meh, it's really just a Sopwith clone.

really ? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

What game modes do people play? I was almost exclusively ball

I play ball almost exclusivley in the AIREU server and the new EU ladder. I rarely if ever will be found on one of the football servers - its not great for learning the game tbh.

TBD is pretty intense - there are some competition level clips of it on youtube.

Like Brianon said - they have a lot of well organized competitions, a mumble server and a lot of really really good players. It may look easy at first glance, don't pay a visit to the ladder server without first reading the rules/guides - you will be humiliated. ;)

There is also a very loyal dedicated fanbase forum here: http://altitudegame.com/forums/index.php

There is a new mode that is pretty popular called 1DE on Co-Op servers. Its a map filled with turrets and you only have 1 life each. You work together with teammates to slowly chewup the turrets, but you had better be a perfect flyer for some of the sections.

Advertisement