Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone do the Carlow to Dublin commute?? Approx Time?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Anyone do the Carlow to Dublin commute??

I'll be moving there soon driving from Carlow to Clarehall/Darndale/Coolock essentially the end of the M50 northbound.

Any idea on the current time it takes??

and the time after the Kilcullen section opens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

its takes about 50 minutes to get to the Mad Cow, I don't know from there.
    I'd expect it to take about 35 - 40 minutes to get to the Mad Cow once the new road opens.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

if i get a good run i can be exiting the m50 for m1 in an hour 10ish, friday evening takes slightly longer as i have to que to exit the m50 for m1 but the fly overs are nearly complete should be open before christmas so this should help both you and me out you could just take fly off for n32 malahide and head down for clarehall/darndale etc, on firday northbound delays are south of toll bridge and m50/m1 junction, hope this helps in some way i only do the commute friday evening northbound and sunday evening southbound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I did this for a year. I did Carlow > Clonshaugh Industrial estate every day. Left Carlow at 6am and was in Clonshaugh for between 7:00 and 7:30 depending on traffic. This is a few years ago.

I suspect the commute will take you around 1h and 20 minutes. This will come down once the motor way opens which will hopefully be before xmas.

HTH,

Paul

Advertisement