Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower pump airlock

Options
  • 07-12-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I have a problem with no cold water coming through my shower.I have been told it is an air lock and given instructions.I have turned off pump.Opened shower valve on cold.Cut off water feed in.Disconnected in feed before pump.Drained and reconnected.Disconnected cold out and drained.Turned on pump.Turned water back on.The pump then runs, clearing air till water flows.The water flows for 30 seconds or so the stops again.It waits another 30 seconds and restarts for another burst before stopping again.It is a relatively new Stuart pump but did give some similar problems when fitted.Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Had same sort of problem, found out I needed to put a non-return valve on pipe going into water tank, it was sucking in air causing airlocks and shower spluttering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its sucking air in and causing the pump to switch off. The pump was prob connected to far up the cold pipe. A non return valve is a good idea but I wonder is it because the water is coming down the same pipe as the toilet instead of having its own supply.

Advertisement