Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 1340 or 1340T

• 07-12-2009 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently I ordered a 1340. However, I received a 1340T by mistake. Now, I'm wondering whether I should bother with the hassle of returning it or is it worth my while keeping the 1340T?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

The 1340T is a more expensive unit, as it includes the "T" traffic receiver. Unfortunitely this feature is not available in Ireland :(

I would check the price you where charged. It sounds likes you bought this on-line, so the supplier may not have listed the item as a 1340T, but still charged the price for one. Compare the price you paid, to some other 1340Ts.

If still unsure, I'd email the supplier, pointing out their mistake, stating that they sent you a more expensive model. Ask them to forward the cost of return, registered, delivery. I think they'll just write it off, as it's probably not worth the hassle for them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Thanks for that.

Can you tell me if the 1340T has lane assist? That's actually my biggest concern :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

The lane assist feature isn't related to the "T" traffic bit, so yep, you should still have lane assist.

It looks like a decent unit, let us know how you get on.

:)

Advertisement