Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 12 Discussion

Options
  • 07-12-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Thought I'd kick it off today!!

Geraldine is a goner tonight, there's no way she'll handle the interviews well!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I wouldn't say that. Just because she has a thick Dublin accent doesn't discount her talking ability...she's a great way of spinning things and being able to relate to people. Slips of the tongue aside (which are regrettable but they happen).

Stephen's in trouble imo. He's been exposed in recent weeks as all talk, little action. Put that to the test against someone who knows exactly how to spot and expose that and he's on borrowed time.

Steve will be fine. He's a leyman. There's no BS with Steve: he does what he does well, puts his hands up for his weaknesses and is showing a will to improve. So he's not going to get caught out and his positive skills outweigh the negatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 HealthyWay

I agree but I think she will still handle it better than ginger Steve. The guy would aggrivate the Dalai Lama!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

I wasn't saying she wouldn't handle it because she has a Dublin accent?! I'm not that shallow!!!

I just don't think she'll be good enough (based on watching the Apprentice solely) to perform well in the interviews, it has nothing to do with her accent!!

I agree that Stephen hasn't had much to offer up to now though, and if he doesn't loosen his top button he may well choke under the pressure of these grillings!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 omlette

Ginger Steve to go I reckon. Geraldine really pushed her way to the position of the front runner last week I think. I agree that her much lauded "people skills" should be enough to get through the interviews. Did you see the ad for it on tv3?! About English Steve!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

omlette wrote: »
    Ginger Steve to go I reckon. Geraldine really pushed her way to the position of the front runner last week I think. I agree that her much lauded "people skills" should be enough to get through the interviews. Did you see the ad for it on tv3?! About English Steve!

Yes I saw the trailer where Steve admits to having had drink and gambling problems. Really should be amazing to find out all about that.

I think Geraldine could do well as she's a lot smarter than she lets on and Mr Ginger could actually be good as I find him to be a good talker but not so good at doing things.

Really can't wait for tonights show, think it will be great! The interviews are my favourite part of both the Irish and British Apprentice, and last years Irish interviews (especially with that guy Gavin off Dragons' Den) were really unbelievable so it should be fascinating viewing tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

+1 for ginger Steve being a goner tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

ginger steve gone tonight

Looks like I'm on my own thinking Geraldine will get the boot so! No wonder I'm usually wrong!

I'm just dying to see how the conversation even finds its way to Steve talking about alcoholism and gambling addictions. He must be getting torn to shreds in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

I was wondering about that clip too (with English Steve and the gambling etc.) if someone asked questions like that in a real life interview then it would be completely innapropriate.

I think ginger Steve is definitley for the chop tonight.

I think it's totally ridiculous that he had to discuss that at such an interview. It's his personal business like. But I suppose it depends on how it came up, he might have just blurted it out himself! I doubt he was just asked if he's an alcoholic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Tmeos wrote: »
    I was wondering about that clip too (with English Steve and the gambling etc.) if someone asked questions like that in a real life interview then it would be completely innapropriate.

yeah exactly, is it even legal to ask it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

:| wrote: »
    I'm sure they don't mind answering those questions for the chance of getting the job.

English Steve to go tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

:| wrote: »

He had to explain why he had a gap in his CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Steve Higgins to go tonight too IMO. Overall, he deserved to go last week, ahead of Lucinda, knew that when Bill said he was firing Lucinda regretfully. Get the impression Bill doesn't like ginger steve that much, as well as the fact he hasnt been brilliant in many of the tasks so far

• Registered Users Posts: 18 groovy 09

I hope Geraldine goes, I wouldn't like to work with her, she'd stab you in the back, I wouldn't trust her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just so you know, this is on at 9 tonight, NOT 10!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Thanks for that they keep changing it - so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Heard Bill on today fm today. Darcy was tryin to get it out of him about Steves problems as they were all over the papers, Darcy said surely that will affect his chances, aul Billo replied that his mother always told him that people that face there problems come back stronger. So I reckon Steve is safe as houses tonight.

Could be Ginger Steve, surprised he's stayed this long. I'm actually surprised Geraldine is still in aswell. The whole giving Brefney her sales and "young lads getting hammered" should have had her gone ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Looking forward to it tonight, i think the interviews are one of the best parts of the series!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Big bottle of Belgian beer - check!
    Cheese on toast - check!
    Sitting down at 9 rather than 10 (thank you MagicMarker) - check!
    Internet by my side - check!
    Coronation Street about to end - check!

Ginger Steve to be fired - check? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Yeah,the interviews are always good.Would like to see Geraldine go but i reckon it'll be ginger Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrre we go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭smiling_girl

interviews woohoo :D
    its a shame lucinda's gone - she wouldve been good at the interviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

English Steve says in a macabre way he enjoys interviews, gotta love Steve :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Geraldine deserves to stay over Ginger Steve. He's coasted his way through and done sweet feck all.

Hope she does well tonight.

Looking forward to it tonight, i think the interviews are one of the best parts of the series!

apparently someone completely unexpected shines through tonight .... interesting !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Breffney would have been good here too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

hope they rip the ginger coated bolox off that steven guy. I've said it every week but he grates on me. I've never taken a dislike to anyone I've never met in real life before like I have with this ****er.

He needs to be taken down a peg or 7.

ps jackie lavin is fab. Cracks me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Brightest 6am I've ever seen:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Brightest 6am I've ever seen:rolleyes:

i know ... also brightest lookin people ive ever seen at 6am

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement