Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 12 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I bet Aoiffffe watched that last night with a bottle of champagne by her side! Gavin Duffy pretty much called Geraldine on all the things that Aoiffffe had complained about during the series. Doesn't take away from the fact that she was a wagon, but a vindicated wagon at that. Disappointed that BOC didn't ask Ger about their 'relationship' last night.

I see that Ruth (no surprise), Jennifer, and the first two guys fired are the ones not back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Skibbereen Steve to win, COME ON!!!

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Skibbereen Steve to win, COME ON!!!

Looks like a safe bet really - whatever happens next week Bill will pick the non-ginger Steve as he wants a saleman as that's the only business that he has afaik - car sales + hotel room / conference sales....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

lizt wrote: »
    Anyone else think she kinda looks like an alien in this picture?

00029e0d10dr.jpg
    Looks like her head would burst open and a cloud of bats would fly out.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭murser

The real thrust behind my post is to ask why no research or preliminary interview was carried out on the candidates form the outset just to give it a grain of authenticity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭murser

fricatus wrote: »
    And it's taken you this long to figure that out, has it?
    By the way, what do you mean by "this long"? Surely you're not confusing me with someone who has nothing better to do than watch an entire series of this crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Event management or something

I thought Gerdaldene was going to go to college and do a degree in business with DCU?

Nights maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

LOL. What makes Bill tick?

What a ridiculous question this was. And then he goes on the You're Fired programme to say that the answer he was looking for was "his insecurity"! How the hell is somebody supposed to answer that? And then he has the cheek to tell Steve Rayner that he wasn't reaching the level he was looking for in answering the question! What a tool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

murser wrote: »
    For a man who puts himself forward as a shrewd business man you really have to wonder how he ended up with:
    1. A reformed alcholic\gambler who gave up the drink a mere 18 months ago

2. A company owner who uses a the web for her business and dosent know how many hits she gets. Some company! Oh and she cant spell and I wont mention the tick bit

3. A man who claims to be the most talented young person in Ireland today and handed in a CV containing a number of lies.

How come these interviews were not conducted at the begining of the selection process? Its obvious the whole thing is a complete charade for TV viewing.

Indeed, selling spray on tights :rolleyes:. If she had said she was selling handmade pyjamas or anything else she might have got some credibility. It sounds like she discovered "da interweb" and decided to start selling what ever she could find. Sadly there's plenty out there like her who think the internet is the gateway to riches.

The right person went last night, should have gone long ago IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 groovy 09

amdublin wrote: »
    I thought Gerdaldene was going to go to college and do a degree in business with DCU?

Nights maybe?

She's a weather girl - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym4_FcCHE20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

fricatus wrote: »
    And it's taken you this long to figure that out, has it?

It would be very funny if there was a 100k job after it all?

O wait there is!!!! :D Either TV3 is paying up or Bill's going a bit mad in his old age.....

She's a weather girl
    That's brilliant. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd love to see Ginger Steve win just to see Boards implode. Breffni had great things to say about him so he gets my approval.

C'mon HIGGINS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Has anybody noticed that this show is heavily edited.. By this I mean the frames are constantly jumping when people are speaking and its obvious things are taken out of context and the actual person probably did even say what is siad on tv.

This was really obvious last night when the HR people were discussing the candidates with Bill. I had to switch it off. I just couldn't continue watching that crap.

I've started watching the UK series now and it is so much better all round. There is a lot more creativity in the tasks. Has anybody else noticed that all the Irish tasks are all essentially sales pitches.

Apologies if this has already been brought up..I don't plan on reading 31 pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Is it me or are these interrogations not bordering on bullying???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Darragh29 wrote: »

get real its an entertainment show - its probably in the contract small print they sign up to that they can be striped naked and butt whipped if Billy boy wants it.

was just thinking anyway it aint that much of a gamble for bill to take some1 on for 100k - the salary costs are probably covered by the sponsorship and advertising fees - so no real risk for bills empire

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Bref is on Podge & Rodge now!!!!

Headhunted by the Harvard coach, and is pointing his mates out!!!! :D

Taking the p*ss out of Aoiffe - she like a wan that would cook animals in her stove!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

did anyone find out why ginger steve had the brightwater wagon on his cv for reference ?

something dodgy there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

lizt wrote: »
    Anyone else think she kinda looks like an alien in this picture?

00029e0d10dr.jpg

AK AK AK AK AK AK AK AK AK AK AK AK AK AK !!!!

Quick, get the country and western records out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

Questions: How much do the producers know about the candidates before they are chosen for the show.

Would it have been very easy to probe into English Steve and find out above his past.

Would it have been very easy to realise Red Steve embellished his CV and didnt even have permission for his referees to be mentioned.

If Geraldine only had so much experience on paper, (which was the reason Bill gave in the end for firing her)...then why choose her at all to be a finalist. She was a non starter from the word go if thats the case.

Are candidates chosen for the TV show primarily from the point of view of who will make good TV as opposed to the best business people.

The intense interviews are all part and parcel of the format of the TV show THE APPRENTICE and therefore there is an element of the pantomime about them when they get very harsh with them. Its all part of the script. However....... I have to say, if I was Geraldine I would have had no hestitation at all in telling her interviewer who was probing her about Breffny that she was there to be interviewed for her ability to do a job and that her personal life was absolutely nothing to do with him, and I would not have budged if he persisted. Imagine in REAL life a person going for a job interview and being probed about their love life !!!!!

The final would be a very exciting show if there was any doubt or mystery over who will win it.. Having watched the interviews, the red sweaty lump with the personality of a plank has as much chance of winning it as I have.

So.... we should all wish English Steve lots of luck ! He deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

dalquist wrote: »
    ...red sweaty lump with the personality of a plank.

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Darragh29 wrote: »

Is it me or is the term 'bullying' bandied about far too easily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 very interested

My money is on English Steve, he is more willing and prepared to change and adapt to a task. His attitude is good. Ginger Stephen is far too sure of himself and wouldn't listen to a boss telling him what to do. Besides he is hoping to keep a hand is his other business, Bill wants 100%. He is inclined to fudge the truth a bit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Like the user name! I can't help but think it will lead to confusion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Bond, you were right about this week's 'Firee'! Last week you said you thought Bill had pointed at the person in the middle of the three contestants and low and behold Gedildeen was in the middle!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭babycheeks

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Event management or something

She said on Ireland AM that she works for Think and Blink Promotions and Event Management.

www.thinknblink.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

babycheeks wrote: »
    She said on Ireland AM that she works for Think and Blink Promotions and Event Management.

www.thinknblink.ie

Surely you mean Tink and Blink

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dustyrip

I know someone who knows last years winner. Bill rang her at 1130pm one evening asking her to be in Kerry the following day. He is meant to be some **** to work for.

dustyrip wrote: »
    I know someone who knows last years winner. Bill rang her at 1130pm one evening asking her to be in Kerry the following day. He is meant to be some **** to work for.
    That wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

dustyrip wrote: »
    Is the knacker back selling apples and ornages on Moore Street now? I don't think her spray on product is of any use. She needs to sort her accent out to be any way accepted in the corporate world.

Looks like she has spray ion eyebrows

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement