Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible?

• 07-12-2009 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey there,

I had a miscarraige almost 6 weeks ago now and have not had a period. We decided to hold off on trying again for awhile to get over what happened and have been using condoms except for one time 20th November we were unprotected.

I have been feeling a bit off the past few days and im starting to think now could there be a possibility of me being pregnant again?? I did a text Fri 4th and was negative but was this too soon?

As I dont know when my period is due I dont know when its the best time to test.

Any advice really appreciated..

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I know a few people who have gotten pregnant immediately after miscarriage so it's definitely possible. From what I hear you're supposedly very fertile on the cycle immediately afterward.

Bit annoying not knowing when your period is due though.

Going on what you said above and knowing that sperm can survive up to a week, I would be testing every second morning up to the 11th anyway. Even then it might not out of the realms of possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

How many weeks were you when you had the MC? The more weeks you were the more HCG your body would've made, and your cycle will not return until this has gone. It took over 2 months to get my period after my MC.

As you have done the pregnancy test which has come back negative, It sounds like your hormone levels have definately dropped since the MC, so it is not impossible that you could've ovulated and now be pregnant. It could also be that your hormones are playing tricks on you.

I remember about a week before getting my period that I felt like I was pregnant. I was convinced that I was and was even doing tests every few days which worked out expensive!

I wouldn't be rushing to test too often, its probably just your body getting back to normal after your MC. And even if you are pregnant again, you sooner you find out, the longer it takes for the dreaded 12 weeks to come around! We tested far too early (almost a week before my period was due) so even waiting for the 6 week mark so that we could have a scan and see a heartbeat seemed to take forever to come around. I know its really hard when you want to be pregnant, and if I was giving me the same advice 8 months ago I'd be ignoring it, but its just what I've learnt from my experience.

I truly believe that regardless of how fertile you are after a MC, if you're not ready psychologically to conceive again, then you wont. I know not everyone will agree with this, but thats ok!

I'm sorry you had a MC, its just an awful thing to go through. If you are pregnant again, Congratulations... but if you're not, don't be too disheartened. It will happen when the time is right, and the chances are in your favour that next time everything will be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

I had a MC last feburary at 9 weeks, and my periods took a couple of months to get back to normal..

I completely agree with the previous poster about waiting, it will take you a while to get over your MC, especially around the time that it would have been due..

Advertisement