Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band Hero/Rock Band 2/Guitar Hero 5???

Options
  • 07-12-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Which is the better of these 3; band hero, rock band 2 or guitar hero 5???
    Which is the best value for money?? what instruments do you get with each?? Which has the best song list?? Answers relevant to xbox 360 console please... thank you....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Band Hero if you're a teenage girl, Rock Band 2 otherwise.

Rock Band 2 has over 1000 downloadable tracks that are reasonably priced (and cover all genres and tastes).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 whuz-gt-lead

I have established band hero ain't for me...... So rock band 2 is better than guitar hero 5??? what makes it that much better?? how much in price difference??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Rock Band 2 can transfer all songs from Rock Band 1 and has an enourmous amount of songs you can get online!

Haven't played GH5 but from the two franchises, I prefer playing the Rock Band games!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I played and finished GH5 in 2 weeks now it has good songs and the challenges etc are fun.

I got rock band 2 about 6 months or more ago and am still paying it on a daily basis.

It's all down to preference really, essentially they are both the same game underneath the looks. For my money Rock band just plays better feels more accurate and they don't artificially make the songs hard, if a song is easy or difficult it's because it is the do not add notes that just are not there on expert setting. Also a pet hate of mine is the charting on none guitar parts to guitar in guitar hero :mad:

Like I say it's personal preference at the end of the day, and the instruments will work for both games (rock band being the much cheaper option) so you will not be tied to the one franchise. I say Rock Band is the best but GH5 is fun and has decent songs.

There's loads more info in the sticky FAQ in the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Someone else said it best : Guitar Hero is a music game. Rock Band is a platform. From having played GH3 and World Tour, and Rock Band 2 I think I'm starting to understand what they meant. There's a fundamental difference in their approach (at least from the point of view of Single Player) best exemplified by Rockband's gigs. At each venue you have a couple of tracks and then a number of 2,3,4 etc song set lists. To earn every star in every venue in every city you're going to end up playing a lot of songs a large number of times. To complete a gig you have to beat all of the songs in the setlist in one sitting, whether it's 2 songs or 7. Fail a song, you lose fans; quit and you fail the gig. If the repetition is not for you, you're not a rockband kind of guy.

short version : If you want to play a game that has 80 or so levels, each of which is a song that you need to beat, get Guitar Hero. If you want to listen to great songs over and over again, and "play" along to them, get Rock Band.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

OP read the FAQ before posting. Thanks. Questions can go there after you've done that. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement