Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wheelbarrow

Options
  • 07-12-2009 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi guys just wondering does anyone know where i could get one of those big wheelbarrows for mucking out.

i priced one locally that was very big, four wheels and tipped itself. it was 300 euro.

does anyone know of anywhere you can get them cheaper? thinking of treating myself, if a wheelbarrow can be classed as a treat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

What about a medium sized one? We have an alu one at home which is sturdy, but light to push, etc. It's much easier to use and push/pull in and out of stables than the big green ones you see in bigger yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

Try Woodies, B + Q, Atlantic and local garden centres. They are usually cheaper there and most have sales on now as they are classed as summer stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Wicked wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering does anyone know where i could get one of those big wheelbarrows for mucking out.

i priced one locally that was very big, four wheels and tipped itself. it was 300 euro.

does anyone know of anywhere you can get them cheaper? thinking of treating myself, if a wheelbarrow can be classed as a treat

Where did you see that one? Really pricey, but sounds interesting. I haven't seen one like it before. I am definately of the opinion that buying oneself a good wheel barrow is definately a well earned treat!

I used to have one that had a big bin on it, and had two wheels, but the wheels were very close together under the wheelbarrow. I used it until it fell to bits. But I haven't found another like it unfortunately.

Like someone else here said, check out the garden stores. Someone might have something different and useful for less money. Although in Ireland, it seems pretty difficult to find good deals on much of anything:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi where bouts in the country are you wicked?
    Brownes in Portlaoise do them, so do westwood in Naas (pricey though) look up done deal they have them on that from time to time ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

I got one in our local creamery, Connaught Gold..yea they are expensive, think it cost €250, but they are brilliant. so much handier for emptying as they tip, easy to lift etc..they are much lighter than the ordinary wheelbarrow despite being quite large!

• Advertisement
Advertisement